• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GJShrimper

After the new score board has been implemented I have seen an influctuation in the number of goals scored by our squad and feel it's thankful to that wonderful display of light! On a previous post by swf shrimper, when we was losing, wanting to see the score board back, well now it's back and the goals are flying in.

It looks ok, bit small but works well enough.
I liked the music played at the end of the game, a bit of Elvis when the Eel and Sammy were keeping dry.

It may be small but could be seen clearly from the south upper . And its great to see everytime we score gooool flashes across the board .

Thought it was alright, I do think the time should continue though after 45 & 90 minutes

Thought it was alright, I do think the time should continue though after 45 & 90 minutes

Can't remember where I read it or the reason why it doesn't happen , but I don't think it's permitted.
May be wrong , but something to do with the fact that the added time is at the discretion of the ref.
i.e. the added minutes are the 'minimum' time to be added.

I'm not sure who Colin is, but I claimed my £5 when Southend won :-)

Colin Murphy, former manager, who was infamous for his verbose utterings. Also sucessfully sued the club for a payment related to the signing of Sir S V Collymore. Ronnie Whelan then used the same Manchester solicitors sucessfully to sue the club following his dismissal.

Can't remember where I read it or the reason why it doesn't happen , but I don't think it's permitted.
May be wrong , but something to do with the fact that the added time is at the discretion of the ref.
i.e. the added minutes are the 'minimum' time to be added.

You are quite correct - hence some clocks countdown to zero at some grounds (I think the Emirates does) and the ref can then allow as much time as he deems fit...

Also allows as much "Fergie-time" as he wants... :winking:

New scoreboard pah! Confused the hell out of me, I looked up and saw 2030 and thought christ its bloody half past eight! Also there just is no fun in being able to read the names of both teams properly,frankly takes all the enjoyment out of guessing who we are playing from the 4 letters that were lit up.

It could well be a good luck charm, as we had the old scoreboard when we were flying high into the championship!

Back