• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scott Forbes

Jenks19

Anyone know where Scott Forbes will be playing next season?

will you be in the same team or you have retired on medical grounds?
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ July 07 2004,21:48)]The Chequers Pub, Canewdon.
I used to play for The Anchor, Canewdon in the Sunday league many moons ago!

Then along came Hockley Community Centre with their big, fat cheque book and I was transferred for a massive fee!

I must add that I was taking the **** with my post about the Chequers Pub and in fact was referring to the fact that Scott often plays guitar there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ July 08 2004,08:44)]I must add that I was taking the **** with my post about the Chequers Pub and in fact was referring to the fact that Scott often plays guitar there.
I guessed it was a jolly jape Mr McS but I was using the opportunity to relive old memories!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sarah @ July 10 2004,18:18)]Has signed for Billericay
No he hasn't. STEVE Forbes from Hendon has signed for Billericay Town not SCOTT Forbes. STEVE Forbes. Steve. Steve ...

I would be extremely surprised if SCOTT Forbes found a place in a team as high up in the pyramid as Billericay anyway ...

WS

sad.gif
 Poor Scotty. I know he didn't cut the mustard. He really wanted to play for us and lacked that confidence when it all went a bit pear. A talent that went wayward, like a bloody good graffiti artist being given the chance at The London School of art and realising he could only tread water when the rest were swimming.
How many euphamisms or whatever the word is can i use to explain the enigma of Scotty Forbes. I liked him. He had more promise than a crateful of Turkish delights when he arrived. And ended up being a Habro dodgy fizzy bootlace when we wanted the real Bertie Bassett. Like the Arab who married a veiled beauty for her gorgeous eyes, only to uncover the layers and layers that covered her, to reveal, a pig ugly beast, who still, wanted to be loved.
Once upon a time, Scott Forbes and Steven Clarke commanding the wings were our saving grace, our pincer movement. Our Waterloo. What a Black Hawk Down that was.

I am going to Canewdon with my guitar and join Scotty on stage and if he lets me down again I will circle that haunted church that curses Canewdon three times and do a deal with the devil and upon my festering soul in hell we will we see a promising signing, who not only delivers us from evil but takes us to the promised land.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ July 10 2004,22:50)]I am going to Canewdon with my guitar and join Scotty on stage and if he lets me down again I will circle that haunted church that curses Canewdon three times and do a deal with the devil and upon my festering soul in hell we will we see a promising signing, who not only delivers us from evil but takes us to the promised land.
I think you're better off with a banjo in Canewdon. And a pickup truck.

I think local legend says you have to circle the church three times backwards btw.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ July 12 2004,09:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ July 10 2004,22:50)]I am going to Canewdon with my guitar and join Scotty on stage and if he lets me down again I will circle that haunted church that curses Canewdon three times and do a deal with the devil and upon my festering soul in hell we will we see a promising signing, who not only delivers us from evil but takes us to the promised land.
I think you're better off with a banjo in Canewdon. And a pickup truck.

I think local legend says you have to circle the church three times backwards btw.
is this walking backwards or anti-clockwise~Widdershins?

I have heard that a light aircraft attempted to do this (ie~ fly around the church three times on halloween) and all its controls went haywire before he could complete and thus he aborted.
Apparently on completion the first person you see will be the devil.
I can see a sponsrship challenge here, I'm up for it.

I really felt for the guy, he was Southend through and through but from the moment his appendix op in his first season it was all downhill after that. He was just breaking back into the team again and then Webb left and Forbesy found himself either totally frozen out in favour of other such left wing legends as Brian Barry-Murphy. Newman used him sparingly and always played him out of position. Forbesy was adement all he needed was a run of 5/6 games out there on the left wing to establish himself again but it never happened.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ July 12 2004,23:39)]Forbesy was adement all he needed was a run of 5/6 games out there on the left wing to establish himself again but it never happened.
... whilst the rest of us were adamant all he needed was the ability to play football ...

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 13 2004,09:16)]very harsh Mike. Considering some of the dross we had at that time ( Connelly? ) Scotty was a breath of fresh air in my opinion.
As he couldn't hack it in the Ryman Prem with Canvey after leaving us why should we have kept apart from sentiment...

Back