• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scouting at Grays

Magnum PI

Private Detective
Magnum decided to head down to Grays vs Rushden for some first hand intelligence on four of our old players. Great decision ! 0-0

Here was the lowdown

Tommy Black (Centre Midfield) - Subbed after 60 minutes for a kid. Played in the centre of midfield and looked a pale shadow of the player we had, which means he must be bad. His passing was poor and the highlight of the night was when instead of kicking the ball he stood on it, and injured himself

Stuart Thurgood (Centre Midfield) - Had a poor first half but dominated the second half with a typical all action display. Never liked him but you always know what you get with him on your team

Jamie Stuart (Centre Back)- Dreadful first half where the Rushden centre forwards really got at him, but much more assured in the second half as Rushden were a whimper of the side that dominated the first half

Ronnie Jones (Centre Back) - Clearly using Jamie Stuart as a role model in the first half wasnt helping, but again played very commanding in the second half and was probably closest scoring in the second half with a towering header just over the bar. Got a feeling he might do ok at this level

So no goals to add to the list, and if I was Tilson I dont think Grays are the team to go scouting at.

Magnum decided to head down to Grays vs Rushden for some first hand intelligence on four of our old players. Great decision ! 0-0

Here was the lowdown

Tommy Black (Centre Midfield) - Subbed after 60 minutes for a kid. Played in the centre of midfield and looked a pale shadow of the player we had, which means he must be bad. His passing was poor and the highlight of the night was when instead of kicking the ball he stood on it, and injured himself

Stuart Thurgood (Centre Midfield) - Had a poor first half but dominated the second half with a typical all action display. Never liked him but you always know what you get with him on your team

Jamie Stuart (Centre Back)- Dreadful first half where the Rushden centre forwards really got at him, but much more assured in the second half as Rushden were a whimper of the side that dominated the first half

Ronnie Jones (Centre Back) - Clearly using Jamie Stuart as a role model in the first half wasnt helping, but again played very commanding in the second half and was probably closest scoring in the second half with a towering header just over the bar. Got a feeling he might do ok at this level

So no goals to add to the list, and if I was Tilson I dont think Grays are the team to go scouting at.

I was going to go tonight to Grays but having read the match report, I have to say that I am glad I didn't. What sort of reception did Justin Edinburgh get from the Grays fans?

Is Ronnie Jones there on loan or has he signed for them permenantly?

I was going to go tonight to Grays but having read the match report, I have to say that I am glad I didn't. What sort of reception did Justin Edinburgh get from the Grays fans?

Is Ronnie Jones there on loan or has he signed for them permenantly?

He didnt get any reaction really but then I only arrived on kickoff. I dont think they really cared to be fair. There were a few shrimpers in the crowd though

Believe it or not but Ronnie Jones is actually on work experience there !

Used to go and see Grays a lot a few seasons ago. Could always park within 5 minute walk of the ground and with players like Aaron Mclean and kightly, the football was always good. Still can't believe we never spent our hard cash on Mclean at the time instead of F****ing Foran! Some on here were saying he would never step up to Div one level but he's not doing bad now and next year will still be banging the goals in the championship.

Back