• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Screwed up?

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
With the new season not yet even appearing on the horizon I've possibly already screwed up. Booked a flight from the 20th to the 29th of August.
Firmly in the belief that I was being clever and taking in two Saturdays, so that at least one would be a home match..........only to find out , to my complete consternation, that we are flying back on Saturday morning!
Thus, I shall just have to wait and pray that we are at home on the 22nd or at least, away, locally...............please, please, please, the FA, don't give us an away match to Stockport, Tranmere, Hartlepool......or worst of all CARLISLE ........on that day! ..........What an idiot!

With the new season not yet even appearing on the horizon I've possibly already screwed up. Booked a flight from the 20th to the 29th of August.
Firmly in the belief that I was being clever and taking in two Saturdays, so that at least one would be a home match..........only to find out , to my complete consternation, that we are flying back on Saturday morning!
Thus, I shall just have to wait and pray that we are at home on the 22nd or at least, away, locally...............please, please, please, the FA, don't give us an away match to Stockport, Tranmere, Hartlepool......or worst of all CARLISLE ........on that day! ..........What an idiot!

If we were away to Tranmere or Hartlepool chances are they could be switched to the Friday any way.

If we are still in it, Carling Cup 2nd round matches are scheduled W/C 24th August as well, so you never know your luck you might be able to see 3 matches.

I'm on honeymoon from 17th August until 28th of August...and with the wedding on August 4th, I'm, screwed every which way for the opening match.

Booooooo to me. If I could neg rep myself, I would.

I'm on honeymoon from 17th August until 28th of August...and with the wedding on August 4th, I'm, screwed every which way for the opening match.

Booooooo to me. If I could neg rep myself, I would.

One of my 3 conditions for getting wed was doing it close season mate......

Huge own goal!!!!

I've already decided that when we plan a holiday home I will be doing it once the fixtures have been announced and fitting in as many games as possible. Have to get my priorities right.

If we were away to Tranmere or Hartlepool chances are they could be switched to the Friday any way.

If we are still in it, Carling Cup 2nd round matches are scheduled W/C 24th August as well, so you never know your luck you might be able to see 3 matches.

Thanks for the info re Carling Cup.......was there a bit earlier in 2007 and was able to take in the Cheltenham (penalty, extra-time, Bradbury) match, which was just a little compensation for our opening defeat against Orient. I am a little pessimistic for my chances of getting a home match on the 22nd, as that would, I believe, entail us opening the season with a home match again..............something that has happened for the last three seasons at least.
I have sympathy for I_S, however I would claim my own goal as rather more spectacular in that it was totally down to my incompetence. It was I who specifically planned the trip, to take in two Saturdays and somehow got it into my head that the 29th was a Sunday...........I'm still shaking my head in disbelief!

Back