• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season 23 - Wages, Players and Predictions

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Wages up to 457 from 400 - partly due to squad strengthening but I'll be expanding my ground and should be able to cover costs OK - though hoping a cup run helps fund that.

Possibly another 25-30K to go on wages though I might downgrade an extra batsmen to quality or remarkable as a squad filler for the easy games.

I want to double check league as I didn't do it fully but for this coming season I think it's looking like this.

FC VI - Promoted and should be good for at least top 3
OD IV - 3rd last season - this is a 2, possibly 3 horse race - going all out for the title
BT IV - Promoted, aim for 8th but will have full squad playing for the most part

Wages 690k to 728k, nice and manageable. Doubt I'll be doing anything of note this season. Los Galactico are passing through my FC division on their way to the Championship, Il Cap has already said he'll be strengthening so no point trying to compete there. A bot and a sell up in the division so I'll be happy with 2nd. In OD, Tadley and Akichita are both much stronger so another 3rd place will be fine and in BT20 we're in a league in which Brianstoke lost three games last season which tells it's own story!

So it's a holding pattern until our trainees start to mature.

wages 481 from 468 - small increase largely thanks to a reduction in squad size. we were leaking money last season and will need to be careful again this time. ground expanded so hopefully receipts will be bigger if we can get some early wins in. ideally need to sign a batting trainee and a bowler who will be able to give me a couple of seasons.

I've not seen who is coming into my leagues yet so difficult to call. will aim to challenge again in OD III.

Looks like another sell up in my FC division so only two competitive games and Tadley have sold up in OD as well. Not complaining! May well go for another stadium upgrade now as our confidence is going to be pretty high all season.

Wages nearly doubled to 80K, gone from all BOT's in FC and BT20 to all human division so survivial in both is the first priority. OD will be much the same finished 4th last season so anything better than that will be a bonus.

Good start to the season fixtures wise, BOT at home in the Cup, followed by BOT away in FC then away to Park Avenue. He has a tough cup game, followed by Legendary Knights in FC, so hopefully we'll have the advantage in both PFL and Morale by the time we play them.

Re-build continues, had a bit of a downer when the England manager told me he was dropping Flintey from the NT. I think I'll keep him for one more week though so that he can play against PA, and then I'll fire him before next Saturdays update. If we win, he'll have paid his wages by the extra gate receipts we'll get the week after

Legendary Knights were about to sell up (hence their non-appearance in the SZFL this season) but I see they bought a player yesterday so must have changed their mind!

Back