• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Ticket Idea

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
I know this idea has been used by some other clubs but how would you feel about getting a 5,3 or even 7 year season ticket? It would mean that your price would be capped from following seasons increase plus the club gets a nice lump sum,
say for instance we did it for this comming season, take the 5 year option as an example....
1 adult 5 year season ticket 1,000 that would mean £200 a season so you would save there then times that by a 1,000 people who take up the offer.. £1,000 x 1000 people would mean 1 million sterlings for the club and with us going into the championship 1 million would get us 4 or 5 decent quality players and allow us to raise the wage limit up a touch.

No ovbiously we are going to be in a new ground within 5 years *we hope* so this could be an idea for the new stadium, ovbiously the fine points would have to be sorted like after 2 years you wanted to move your seat etc.... but this could be somthing to think about!
blush.gif

Sounds a good idea to me - and with the introduction of the "Season Card", I wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult to sort out.

Crystal Palace did a 10 year season ticket back in the nineties - good value when in the Premier$hite, but not so in the Football League...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 12 2006,09:55)]We could go one step further and issue a freehold/leasehold on your seat?
I'd seriously consider it.
I wouldn't mind my name on my seat - the NBA do that at various stadiums...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ May 12 2006,10:08)]I have seen that done at Bury a few seasons ago
yeah but that wasnt the person sitting there, it was to raise cash as they were in/heading for liquidation and i had Ian Benjamin put on a seat for £20
biggrin.gif

Sounds like an ideal oppertunity for the club to do a Leeds and spend tomorrows revenues now..
Whilst using the current positive mood of fans to maximise revenue and to secure furture income is sensible, the money would have to be carefully budgeted to last the duration of the Tickets..
Also would the club want to lose out on being able to whack prices up if demand continues to increase

Hmmm ... imagine buying a 7 year season ticket 10 years ago from a comfortable mid-table "Championship" position !!!

Two years of relegation and 5 years of bottom division dross averaging worse than 14th.

And then missing out on renewing it in the crush this season!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ May 12 2006,10:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ May 12 2006,10:08)]I have seen that done at Bury a few seasons ago
yeah but that wasnt the person sitting there, it was to raise cash as they were in/heading for liquidation and i had Ian Benjamin put on a seat for £20  
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Classic, now I can't wait for Col Ewe to have sponsored seats. It would be worth giving them some money to have a few friendly messages from SUFC on thier seats. Well done, KS!

How far can Southend go? If I thought they could go all the way to the Premier$hite and stay there, I wouldnt mind buying a long term ticket. I was looking at the Arsenal website the other day. They have a waiting list of 30,000 people for season tickets at 60,000 Ashburton grove. You cant imagine many people giving one up so the chances of getting one are almost nil.

If Southend could get to the Premier and stay there, a long temr season ticket now would be great.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ May 12 2006,11:22)]Hmmm ... imagine buying a 7 year season ticket 10 years ago from a comfortable mid-table "Championship" position !!!

Two years of relegation and 5 years of bottom division dross averaging worse than 14th.

Conversely, anyone buying a 7 year season ticket seven years earlier in 1989 when we'd just been relegated to the League's bottom division would have got two years of promotions followed by 5 years of "Championship" football.

Looks like we're into 7 year cycles, so best go for the 4 year option.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ May 12 2006,11:22)]Hmmm ... imagine buying a 7 year season ticket 10 years ago from a comfortable mid-table "Championship" position !!!

But there's a hard core of longer standing season ticket holders that will renew year in and year out irrespective of how we're doing.

If, say, a 7 year season ticket was offered for £2,660 (ie 7 times the current adult price of £380) I would buy one without question. Given how ticket prices increase each year you'd save a fair amount - had this been offered in '96 you'd still have been quids in despite dropping from the Championship to League Two.

If it were coupled with other incentives, such as priority over "regular" season ticket holders for away match tickets, it would be even more attractive.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ May 12 2006,13:08)]
[b said:

But there's a hard core of longer standing season ticket holders that will renew year in and year out irrespective of how we're doing.  

If, say, a 7 year season ticket was offered for £2,660 (ie 7 times the current adult price of £380) I would buy one without question.  Given how ticket prices increase each year you'd save a fair amount - had this been offered in '96 you'd still have been quids in despite dropping from the Championship to League Two.

If it were coupled with other incentives, such as priority over "regular" season ticket holders for away match tickets, it would be even more attractive.
And, thereby giving those that can afford such a large one-off sum priority over those that can just about scrape the c.£400 together for one-season.
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ May 12 2006,13:14)]
[b said:
[b said:

If, say, a 7 year season ticket was offered for £2,660 (ie 7 times the current adult price of £380) I would buy one without question.  Given how ticket prices increase each year you'd save a fair amount - had this been offered in '96 you'd still have been quids in despite dropping from the Championship to League Two.

And, thereby giving those that can afford such a large one-off sum priority over those that can just about scrape the c.£400 together for one-season.
wow.gif
In which case, we shouldn't even sell yearly season tickets as it disadvantages those who can't find £380.  Where do you draw the line and why should you?

In fact, let's go further and outlaw the production of Ferraris, Mercs, Bentleys etc as it's just not fair that some people can't afford them
laugh.gif

Any business looking to maximise profit and/or revenue would be crazy not to market a product for which there is a demand and from which they can make money from.  I would think there is definitely a demand for, say, 5 year season tickets.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ May 12 2006,13:34)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

wow.gif
In which case, we shouldn't even sell yearly season tickets as it disadvantages those who can't find £380.  Where do you draw the line and why should you?

In fact, let's go further and outlaw the production of Ferraris, Mercs, Bentleys etc as it's just not fair that some people can't afford them
laugh.gif

Any business looking to maximise profit and/or revenue would be crazy not to market a product for which there is a demand and from which they can make money from.  I would think there is definitely a demand for, say, 5 year season tickets.
You miss my point totally. I am not against offering multi-year season tickets (why not twenty year ones). What I am against is giving those that can afford a multi-year seaso priority over those that cannot for away games with small ticket allocations.

Why should someone that can afford £3,000 get a ticket for, for example Col Ewe away, and someone that can only afford £380 not get one. That is just not on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ May 12 2006,13:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

wow.gif

laugh.gif

You miss my point totally. I am not against offering multi-year season tickets (why not twenty year ones). What I am against is giving those that can afford a multi-year seaso priority over those that cannot for away games with small ticket allocations.

Why should someone that can afford £3,000 get a ticket for, for example Col Ewe away, and someone that can only afford £380 not get one. That is just not on.
I didn't miss your point. The question is where do you draw the line? Season ticket holders currently get priority so should we do away with priority for all season ticket holders?

As far as I've concerned, if I've been shelling out for season tickets continuously for 20 years and am prepared to put £3k into the clubs coffers (not to mention following the team week in and week out to places like Rochadale, Bury etc in the bad years) I think I deserve priority over the recent fans who are buying a season ticket for the first time.

This is in no way a dig at new season ticket holders or fans - the more the merrier. Just a statement of fact that any business should look after its most loyal customers first. In the club's case those that will be buying season tickets not just for this season but for the next 20 years irrespective of what league we're in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ May 12 2006,15:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ May 12 2006,13:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

wow.gif

laugh.gif

I didn't miss your point.  The question is where do you draw the line?  Season ticket holders currently get priority so should we do away with priority for all season ticket holders?

As far as I've concerned, if I've been shelling out for season tickets continuously for 20 years and am prepared to put £3k into the clubs coffers (not to mention following the team week in and week out to places like Rochadale, Bury etc in the bad years) I think I deserve priority over the recent fans who are buying a season ticket for the first time.

This is in no way a dig at new season ticket holders or fans - the more the merrier.  Just a statement of fact that any business should look after its most loyal customers first.  In the club's case those that will be buying season tickets not just for this season but for the next 20 years irrespective of what league we're in.
We'll agree to disagree on this one then.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ May 12 2006,15:19)]This is in no way a dig at new season ticket holders or fans - the more the merrier. Just a statement of fact that any business should look after its most loyal customers first. In the club's case those that will be buying season tickets not just for this season but for the next 20 years irrespective of what league we're in.
Yes it IS a dig. You're saying that people who are getting their first Season Ticket this year are not as loyal as those who get them every year.

Plenty of people go every week without getting a season ticket, and plenty of those people are having to get a season ticket this year because of the shambolic hassle that buying a matchday ticket has become.

You had a season ticket last year. I didn't. Over the course of the season I paid far more tto the club for my tickets than you did. Why should you get even more of a reward (on top of cheaper merchandise and priority away tickets)?

This whole attitude that season ticket holders are somehow better fans or are more loyal really annoys me, as you can probably tell.

Back