• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Ticket Increases

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gazzacat42 @ April 26 2005,19:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ April 26 2005,19:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC Employee @ April 26 2005,18:27)]How many players have ever made it into the senior squad having come through the full youth system?
In recent years....
Paul Smith
Spencer Prior who played at the highest level including a league cup final.
Andy Edwards
Leo Roget who interested Ajax whilst with us.
David McSweeny
Michael Kightly
James Lawson

I may be mistaken on a few of these. And I am sure there are a few more
I wonder if that is actually a good return on the youth system?
Of those that left the club I wonder how much if any money we got in transfer fees?
Kightly came from the Spurs academy, via Basildon.
Also James Lawson was at Tottenham before being an apprentice with us.

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC Employee @ April 26 2005,18:27)]How many players have ever made it into the senior squad having come through the full youth system?
In recent years....
Paul Smith
Andy Edwards
David McSweeny
Michael Kightly
James Lawson

Of those that left the club I wonder how much if any money we got in transfer fees?
Didn't Justin Edinburgh come through as well?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 26 2005,19:14)]If they hadn't gone up so pointlessly last year after a crap season then I wouldn't have minded them increasing this year, but even if we go up I don't think an increase will be fair because last year's increases were so unnecessary! Saying that, most clubs seem to be increasing their prices I've certainly forked out a lot for away trips this year.
It's called inflation and is the way of the world - get over it!

If Southend were charging more than other clubs you might have an argument but they're not.

So. We're not out of this division yet and already people are moaning about a possible price hike.

Because let's face it, we all know what sound businesses football clubs are, don't we? They make money hand over fist for the owners and there is abolutely no way that players should expect an increase fro going into a higher league. And most of them will happily take an effective cut to play in front of our ever supporting fans who offer nothing but encouragement. After all, it's pure joy playing at the Hall. No-one has any reason to want to play anywhere else...

rock.gif

Get real, for Gods sake.

Picture the scene. We go up <hurrah>. We strengthen the squad with league 1 quality players (on league one wages). However the board decide to maintain existing ticket prices. Our season is not one where we are at the top and so attendances drop to the more normal 4000. We start to lose money. We can't rely on cup runs again or transfers and it all starts to go tits up again. Then we get relegated. However, we can't put the price up because we are in a lower division, yet our expenses are the same. We therefore have to offload the best players (much to everyones disgust) and we find ourselves back in this division again.

Can some of you not see this? Do you think RM is a charity or something?

Football is going to cost more if we go up the leagues. Fact. If we ever get to the Championship again it will be £25+ per ticket. You don't want to pay that, but you don't want to see league 2 football either.

Please try to learn about business and basic economics before moaning about a price increase. We're lucky to have a club at all! Next year it will cost more if we go up - accept it and be thankful we'll be seeing better teams at the Hall.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ April 26 2005,19:56)]Picture the scene.  We go up <hurrah>.  We strengthen the squad with league 1 quality players (on league one wages).  However the board decide to maintain existing ticket prices.  Our season is not one where we are at the top and so attendances drop to the more normal 4000.  We start to lose money.  We can't rely on cup runs again or transfers and it all starts to go tits up again.  Then we get relegated.  However, we can't put the price up because we are in a lower division, yet our expenses are the same.  We therefore have to offload the best players (much to everyones disgust) and we find ourselves back in this division again.
Well said. This is exactly what happended in the mid/late 90s which nearly led to the downfall of the club and explains why we no longer own Roots Hall. You can't win sometimes, who'd be a football club chairman?

Personally, my season ticket is my best value for money purchase of the year.

Oh, and comparing the cost of a season ticket for a team abroad is not really meaningful - different cost of living abroad etc.

Can we not be grateful for the season we're having? I get them impression some people would be happier if we were mid-table but admission was £2 cheaper. Wake up and smell the roses.
mad.gif

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
In recent years....
Paul Smith
Andy Edwards
David McSweeny
Michael Kightly
James Lawson

I believe kightly was shown the door at spurs after 1 year. we then took him on for his 2nd year scholarship and now he is in his 3rd year scholarship.

other players recently that have played for our 1st team we brought through the youths,

anthony clark
stuart williams (as a sub)
craig edwards played a couple and i though he looked good
daniel lunun came off the bench
jamie lunan (as a sub)
garry cross played a whole season
leon johnson played alot and got released and gillingham signed him up on a three year deal
ben lewis?
tony boot never played a 1st team game but is doing well at dagenham

it was said on here somewhere we only had 600 season ticket holders. how much do they want to put them up ? dont think increaseing the prices to the loyalists at the moment will bring much in

perhaps while the feel good factor is here and a lot of tourists are coming to games. drop the season ticket prices and hope to get some of them signed up before they disapear for another few years

Maybe the loyal season ticket holders should be offered more incentives, such as discounts if they purchase them for several seasons in a row

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ April 26 2005,21:44)]it was said on here somewhere we only had 600 season ticket holders.
rock.gif
rock.gif

It&#39;s nearer 2,000 I think you&#39;ll find.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC Employee @ April 26 2005,20:28)]Season tickets are always the best way to go for any true fan of a football club
but if the games are on a friday night it makes it impossible if you are a shift worker. Will the amount of games on a friday be announced before the season ticket discount period ends?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ April 26 2005,20:37)]ben lewis
Ben Lewis?

Stop it, you&#39;re killing me&#33;

Actually, I think you will find Alvin Martin signed him after Lewis wrote to the club asking for a trial.

[b said:
[b said:

In recent years....
Paul Smith
Andy Edwards
David McSweeny
Michael Kightly
James Lawson
Don&#39;t forget Steven Brown.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ April 26 2005,18:56)]So.  We're not out of this division yet and already people are moaning about a possible price hike.

Because let's face it, we all know what sound businesses football clubs are, don't we?  They make money hand over fist for the owners and there is abolutely no way that players should expect an increase fro going into a higher league.  And most of them will happily take an effective cut to play in front of our ever supporting fans who offer nothing but encouragement.  After all, it's pure joy playing at the Hall.  No-one has any reason to want to play anywhere else...

rock.gif

Get real, for Gods sake.

Picture the scene.  We go up <hurrah>.  We strengthen the squad with league 1 quality players (on league one wages).  However the board decide to maintain existing ticket prices.  Our season is not one where we are at the top and so attendances drop to the more normal 4000.  We start to lose money.  We can't rely on cup runs again or transfers and it all starts to go tits up again.  Then we get relegated.  However, we can't put the price up because we are in a lower division, yet our expenses are the same.  We therefore have to offload the best players (much to everyones disgust) and we find ourselves back in this division again.

Can some of you not see this?  Do you think RM is a charity or something?

Football is going to cost more if we go up the leagues.  Fact.  If we ever get to the Championship again it will be £25+ per ticket.  You don't want to pay that, but you don't want to see league 2 football either.  

Please try to learn about business and basic economics before moaning about a price increase.  We're lucky to have a club at all!  Next year it will cost more if we go up - accept it and be thankful we'll be seeing better teams at the Hall.

I didn't moan about the increase we are likely to see, just hope that they keep it real but sorry, I don't agree with what your saying.

The whole reason we are attempting to relocate the club is because SUFC cannot survive on entrance fees alone. So why should the ticket prices fly up when other ways of making money are ignored.

I took a friend of mine to Oxford. This was his first ever away game, straight after his first home game for around 3 seasons. Now this bloke is in his 50's but still thinks he is 16 ( you should see his party's, flashing disco lights, balloons  
smile.gif
) so he takes himself and his boy along to the club shop for scarf's, hats, tops, and oh dear, we all know that when he looked there the club shop was bare. He moaned to me and I had no answer.
Food at The Hall is an ongoing issue on these boards as was the promotion of the LDV final where most items were bought and sold outside in the streets.

So what I am saying is, yes I know prices are bound to go up, but lets keep it sensible. Realise that the way to **** off a regular fan is to take the simple option of price hike, instead of looking at other ways of bringing in revenue.

Fbm you seem to be one of the most sensible posters on here but you were one step away from saying "Put up and shut up", in my opinion.

Back