• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Ticket

I've not yet received either my card or my tickets for the first 5 matches...

Given that the first game is tomorrow and they still haven't arrived, I'm getting a little anxious - I don't want to have to spend the whole morning queueing with every other season ticket holder while they all get duplicate tickets printed to allow them into the game.

Presumably the club will be offering compensation for people that don't get into the match because of the stuff-up with season tickets. Or maybe I could go to my redit card company and seek compensation based on non-delivery of the goods.

Who knows, and I'd still rather be at the first game of the season but am reluctant to pay twice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 05 2005,11:41)]I've not yet received either my card or my tickets for the first 5 matches...

Given that the first game is tomorrow and they still haven't arrived, I'm getting a little anxious - I don't want to have to spend the whole morning queueing with every other season ticket holder while they all get duplicate tickets printed to allow them into the game.

Presumably the club will be offering compensation for people that don't get into the match because of the stuff-up with season tickets. Or maybe I could go to my redit card company and seek compensation based on non-delivery of the goods.

Who knows, and I'd still rather be at the first game of the season but am reluctant to pay twice.
I would suggest that you get on the phone and kick up a bit of a fuss. If they have been posted then it is not really the fault of the club.

If you at least phone ahead to find out what has happened then you should be able to arrange to have duplicate tickets waiting for you at the ticket office tomorrow, That should hopefully save you a long queue and keep your blood pressure down.

Hope that helps.

you won't get the new card for at least a month, hence why you're getting the first 5 home games as individual tickets. This is all explained in a letter that comes with the tickets

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 05 2005,11:41)]I've not yet received either my card or my tickets for the first 5 matches...

Now call me Mr Picky if you will but why wait until the day before the match ?
sad.gif

If you don't want to spend the morning queuing up with other season ticket supporters the easiest thing to do would have been to suggest (a few days ago) directly to the club, or via the trust, or via McScriven that their ticketing arrangements are clearly not working.

This would have given them the chance to react (as they did for the play-off finals following reasonable requests through the channels)- for example by opening the ticket office + phone lines late one evening for season ticket errors only.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 05 2005,12:15)]Now call me Mr Picky if you will but why wait until the day before the match ?
sad.gif
Ok Mr Picky
wink.gif
mainly it's because it will be the first chance I've had in quite a while to get over to "the Hall"... opening the ticket office on weekday evenings would have been no good (for me at least) because I couldn't get there.

I guess I could have made the suggestion for the common good but figured that me asking them to open the ticket office on an evening so that everyone else could pick up duplicate tickets on a week night to save me queueing on a Saturday wouldn't have made too much of an impression.

On the times that I have phoned I've been told that the few lucky punters that were left had been posted first class on Friday last week.

I'll just keep the faith and continue to believe that they will plop through my letterbox tomorrow morning. And will joyously post as soon as they do.
smile.gif

you may not have your tickets yet because they are doing it in alphabetical order

[b said:
Quote[/b] (curly @ Aug. 05 2005,14:10)]you may not have your tickets yet because they are doing it in alphabetical order
I would have thought the D's will have been posted by now!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (curly @ Aug. 05 2005,14:10)]you may not have your tickets yet because they are doing it in alphabetical order
Even so, delivering tickets on the day the season starts is cutting it a bit fine don't you think? What about the people who live outside of Essex and possibly leave for matches before their postie turns up? The club should have ensured all tickets were sent out by last Monday at the absolute latest.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 05 2005,12:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 05 2005,12:15)]Now call me Mr Picky if you will but why wait until the day before the match ?
sad.gif
Ok Mr Picky
wink.gif
 mainly it's because it will be the first chance I've had in quite a while to get over to "the Hall"... opening the ticket office on weekday evenings would have been no good (for me at least) because I couldn't get there.

I guess I could have made the suggestion for the common good but figured that me asking them to open the ticket office on an evening so that everyone else could pick up duplicate tickets on a week night to save me queueing on a Saturday wouldn't have made too much of an impression.

On the times that I have phoned I've been told that the few lucky punters that were left had been posted first class on Friday last week.

I'll just keep the faith and continue to believe that they will plop through my letterbox tomorrow morning. And will joyously post as soon as they do.  
smile.gif
That's better.
biggrin.gif

Blame it on the post office. We know the standard of their staff at first hand !

Sending it out first class seems a bit short sighted of the club. My guess is that you fall in a minority of people that haven't seen them but this doesn't excuse it. If I were in your shoes I'd suggest to the club that your (replacement) season tickets are put in reception tomorrow to save you queuing at the ticket office.

The only people they expect there on match days are media, those with complimentaries and representatives of the opposition so if they complain about being busy you could always point out that timely dispatch of said documents would have avoided the hassle all round.

[b said:
If that is the case this bloke must be Zzzz.

They were doing R's last Thuraday when I collected mine.

that is true its not very well organised but ive got mine so who cares
laugh.gif

I didn't get mine but my daughter's (ordered and paid for the same day) arrived on Tuesday with a Friday postmark.  We both have the same surname, address, and sit next to each other so no possible pattern there.

Phoned the club and they blamed the Post Office even though they first suggested that their records showed me as living in Benfleet rather than Suffolk so perhaps there's a clue there.

My tickets have apparently been re-printed and are ready for me to collect tomorrow.  I will be less than happy if I have to join a long queue to collect them as the only real benefit of buying the bloody things in the first place is to avoid having to go through this sort of thing.

I would have thought the original policy, as I understood it, of sending all tickets recorded delivery would have been a lot more sensible.

Keep us all informed of this, folks. It sounds like a complete shambles and a "badly organised drinking session in a bodega". Tell us all your experiences this afternoon ...

WS

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Aug. 06 2005,00:33)]I didn't get mine but my daughter's (ordered and paid for the same day) arrived on Tuesday with a Friday postmark.  We both have the same surname, address, and sit next to each other so no possible pattern there.

Phoned the club and they blamed the Post Office.
My son's concession tickets arrived on Monday. Mine still haven't turned up and it's the day of the match, so it's lucky I went to the ground yesterday to collect duplicates....

Girl in ticket office hinted that the Fraud Squad are investigating, because loads of people are in the same boat as us and you wouldn't expect the post office to "lose" so many tickets by post.

Looking forward to today's game. Wonder who'll be sitting in my seat.......

last season they all got sent out Registered Post ( I had to go to the sorting office to get mine with that ' you were out' card ) but this season they have just been shoved thru letterboxes in a flimsy envelope with 'SUFC' stamped all over it - not very subtle to would be thieves
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Aug. 06 2005,10:48)]last season they all got sent out Registered Post ( I had to go to the sorting office to get mine with that ' you were out' card ) but this season they have just been shoved thru letterboxes in a flimsy envelope with 'SUFC' stamped all over it - not very subtle to would be thieves
rock.gif
Would these "would be thieves" be thick enough to either use the tickets or sell them on? I mean, all you have to do is stake out your particular seat and challenge anyone who tries to sit in it with what they claim to be a "valid" ticket ...

WS

Back