• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Ticket

Er, i know im being daft but this is the first time Ive had a season ticket.

I have to take the ticket that the club sent me for todays match to the ticket office to get a ticket so I can get into todays game?

I cant get in with just the duplicate they sent me?

no, the ticket they've sent you is the actual ticket to use at the turnstile, otherwise they'd be 4000 or so people queing up to get their match ticket!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Aug. 06 2005,10:51)]Er, i know im being daft but this is the first time Ive had a season ticket.

I have to take the ticket that the club sent me for todays match to the ticket office to get a ticket so I can get into todays game?

I cant get in with just the duplicate they sent me?
If that were true, the potential for absolute chaos on Day One of the new campaign is enormous ...

WS

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 05 2005,11:41)]I don't want to have to spend the whole morning queueing with every other season ticket holder while they all get duplicate tickets printed to allow them into the game.
I thought I was being daft
oops.gif

it was that part of the post that suddenly made me paranoid

plus im a bag of nerves already
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 06 2005,09:50)]Would these "would be thieves" be thick enough to either use the tickets or sell them on?
My worry would not be so much the fact that they could nick my seat - that'd be too easy to suss out. I'd be more concerned that folks of dubious intent now had my name & address and the dates/times that I am likely be out of my house for the next 5 home games and any other home games they care to look up on the fixture list.

In any case, my tickets still haven't arrived. Fortunately I called the club shop (again) yesterday and they did arrange for duplicates to be printed and left for collection today. On the down-side I've not been able to get to the game anyway so I don't know what I was making all the fuss about.
sad.gif

It does leave me wondering whether they were ever put in the post at all... convenient that they weren't sent recorded delivery and probably no individual proof-of-posting either. I remain intrigued to see if any tickets do ever arrive in the post. At the ticket office this morning they weren't even taking direct-debit cards in payment - rather they were asking people to go to the cashpoint at the BP garage on west road and get some cash out. Sounds very iffy to me. (I love a conspiracy theory)

LMD

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 06 2005,16:16)]At the ticket office this morning they weren't even taking direct-debit cards in payment - rather they were asking people to go to the cashpoint at the BP garage on west road and get some cash out. Sounds very iffy to me.
It always amazes me that no matter now many people might claim that Southend United are moving on and have got better since the "dark old days", we still have instances such as this to remind us that the club can quickly give the impression of a very poorly-run club at times. I'm sure there were some people who accepted the fact that DD transactions couldn't take place but I'm also sure there were plenty of people who were somewhat disgruntled to be asked to walk ten minutes down the road to join a vast queue at a petrol station ATM - the only one in the immediate vicinity - to complete the transaction. I agree ... it does indeed sound very iffy ...

WS

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 07 2005,09:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 06 2005,16:16)]At the ticket office this morning they weren't even taking direct-debit cards in payment - rather they were asking people to go to the cashpoint at the BP garage on west road and get some cash out. Sounds very iffy to me.
It always amazes me that no matter now many people might claim that Southend United are moving on and have got better since the "dark old days", we still have instances such as this to remind us that the club can quickly give the impression of a very poorly-run club at times. I'm sure there were some people who accepted the fact that DD transactions couldn't take place but I'm also sure there were plenty of people who were somewhat disgruntled to be asked to walk ten minutes down the road to join a vast queue at a petrol station ATM - the only one in the immediate vicinity - to complete the transaction. I agree ... it does indeed sound very iffy ...

WS

rock.gif
Agreed that the club still shows itself up to as being an amateur-ish organisation but they are heading in the right direction. You only have to look at the club shop and the fact that we are installing the swipe card system to see that. I have no doubt that there will be teething problems, expecially with the swipe cards, but at least the club is trying - that's the difference between now and the 'dark old days'.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Aug. 07 2005,10:27)]Agreed that the club still shows itself up to as being an amateur-ish organisation but they are heading in the right direction. You only have to look at the club shop and the fact that we are installing the swipe card system to see that. I have no doubt that there will be teething problems, expecially with the swipe cards, but at least the club is trying - that's the difference between now and the 'dark old days'.
I realise that they are trying to pull things around but the swipe card technology is going to really test the will of the fans. Teething problems? I envisage a whole bloody mouth of aching teeth ...

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 07 2005,09:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Aug. 07 2005,10:27)]Agreed that the club still shows itself up to as being an amateur-ish organisation but they are heading in the right direction. You only have to look at the club shop and the fact that we are installing the swipe card system to see that. I have no doubt that there will be teething problems, expecially with the swipe cards, but at least the club is trying - that's the difference between now and the 'dark old days'.
I realise that they are trying to pull things around but the swipe card technology is going to really test the will of the fans. Teething problems? I envisage a whole bloody mouth of aching teeth ...

WS

wink.gif
Apparently Rangers have this system at Ibrox and on the first game of it's operation there was a near riot when at quarter to three their were about 500 inside the ground and 40,000 outside!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Aug. 07 2005,08:54)]Apparently Rangers have this system at Ibrox and on the first game of it's operation there was a near riot when at quarter to three their were about 500 inside the ground and 40,000 outside!
Ahh, but if only 500 made it into the ground on home game number 6 would anyone notice there was a problem?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 06 2005,15:16)]In any case, my tickets still haven't arrived.
By way of an update, my season tickets (or rather the replacement paper tickets for the first 5 matches) still haven't turned up in the post, despite them having allegedly been posted on or around the 29th July.

Methinks they were never actually posted at all... a shrewd way of saving 28p (or however much a first class stamp is these days).
rock.gif

LMD

Back