• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seatbooker

GregStarz

Manager
Can anyone tell me why i cant book seats for tomorrow's game on seatbooker ?

The Seatbooker system has been taken down for the moment as was revealed just before the Col******r game.

There are some problems being looked into or something.

Oh how crap !!

This means we are going to have to get there really early ?!?!

There was a statement on the website last week explaining that the online ticketing system is not working at the moment - meaning you will need to queue for tickets at the main ticket office situated at the bottom of the car park.

Steve, can i get to the west stand and get tickets b4 kick off (like last season) ?

Is it going to cost for to get the tickets on matchday still even though they can't be purchased online?

i am assuming the West side ticket office is open for west stand sales - but i dont have anything to do with tickets anymore.

Yes SUFCPREM ... you'll still be charged the matchday price tommorrow. If you wanted to get the tickets cheaper you needed to of rung up the ticket office during the week to purchase the tickets to get a discount. The cheaper prices are an initivtive to get supporters to purchase tickets before a game, to stop queing before a game. So any bought on the day will be the full price as far as i understand it.

Shame. I've never actually rung up the ticket office before and see this as quite a large inconvenience but there you go.

I can understand why the club would be doing it but surely this will drive away people who make such a decision on matchday.

what supporters need to understand the price of the ticket is £18.00 (or whatever it is) and southend offer a Discount to those who want to buy before the match day, otherwise the alturnative would be to charge £18 to everyone, so really its just an initive i suppose.

Once the new ticket office gets up and running, the ticketing expirence should be alot more smoother running and i think will be better - but again as i dont work in that area anymore i wouldnt be able to tell you that
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Sep. 03 2005,22:35)]what supporters need to understand the price of the ticket is £18.00 (or whatever it is) and southend offer a Discount to those who want to buy before the match day, otherwise the alturnative would be to charge £18 to everyone, so really its just an initive i suppose.
Dress it up however you want. The only basis for price discriminating here is when you buy the ticket.

For instance, the club could say that tickets cost £40 at full price but if you buy them before kick off, you recieve a 40% discount. Look at all those lucky people with those big discounts.

I'll pay cos I'm a mug and generally don't sort out who I'm going with til on the day or a day or two before. Just observing that when I tell my mates who don't go so regularly how much a ticket is, maybe the extra few pounds will make it sound less attarctive than before and will cost the club £15 rather than make it £3 or whatever the price difference is.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion on this and I don't doubt the club know what they are doing and have researched this. Just a little irritating. Particularly as I remember the happy days where we used to charge students £1 to go to LDV games!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 03 2005,22:59)][ Particularly as I remember the happy days where we used to charge students £1 to go to LDV games!!
those were the days
tounge.gif

cost me a quid to see one of my best games

Southend 4-0 QPR
smile.gif

not to mention all the others

hope they sort out seatbooker soon as I buy all my tickets online so I can choose a seat - at the Col******r game myself and this other chap had exactly the same ticket for the same seats so not sure how that happened

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Sep. 04 2005,14:27)]hope they sort out seatbooker soon as I buy all my tickets online so I can choose a seat - at the Col******r game myself and this other chap had exactly the same ticket for the same seats so not sure how that happened
That sort of thing doesn't surprise me at all. Against Huddersfield, I actually ordered a ticket for a seat that doesn't even exist! Luckily, there was a spare seat nearby. Good job the game wasn't a sell-out...
rock.gif

That said, I do like using Seatbooker because I can usually get a decent seat (i.e. South Upper Block H) if I book early enough. Today I had to make do with Block J, with a restricted view of the goal and opposite wing - I didn't actually see the back of the net bulge for any of the goals today. So I look forward to Seatbooker's return.

I heard that student tickets are 12 quid on matchdays now - that's a horrendous price rise (of 4.50!) and it's put off a few people I know from attending.

Thank god for the discounted season ticket I bought in May!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 04 2005,21:34)]I heard that student tickets are 12 quid on matchdays now - that's a horrendous price rise (of 4.50!) and it's put off a few people I know from attending.

Thank god for the discounted season ticket I bought in May!
They're not. They're £10.

wink.gif

Back