• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Serious Proposal to Club Officialdom

Bentley's Absurd Gait

It is incredibly irritating when 'fans' such as the Orient rabble accuse us of being West Sham fans, and it sickens me to see their claret and blue rags around our fair town. Nothing sickens me more though than seeing West Sham hats, shirts, or those of other Premiership clubs in home sections of Roots Hall. From now on, I would like to see such items banned.

I know, I know, the etiquette of football should dictate that you do not wear any other club colours to a football game other than the home or away one or possibly, your national side's one. It's terribly bad form old chap!

It is incredibly irritating when 'fans' such as the Orient rabble accuse us of being West Sham fans, and it sickens me to see their claret and blue rags around our fair town. Nothing sickens me more though than seeing West Sham hats, shirts, or those of other Premiership clubs in home sections of Roots Hall. From now on, I would like to see such items banned.

well said. people with there west sham coats on and people with spurs shirst on!
takes the michael!

Went to Inverness a couple of seasons ago, and they operate home colours only policy, so can't see why we can't operate a similar one

something that baffles me is that in the south upper where i have been a seaso for three seasons now there is a guy who also is a sth since i have been there possibly longer who every single game wheres a bright blue spurs jacket. he like everyone else cheers when we score etc but why where spurs clothes?????? also on the way out leaving via south lower there are more liverpool, man u, arsenal and west ham shirts. sickening really.

I must admit I do find it baffling why people support our team in other colours..

Ban them all Now! and burn them at the stake! ;)

There was a wally yesterday (wearing a Southend shirt) who, upon hearing that Arsenal had won and Man Utd had drawn cheered - "Yes! We're top of the league". No. We're ninth in League One.

something that baffles me is that in the south upper where i have been a seaso for three seasons now there is a guy who also is a sth since i have been there possibly longer who every single game wheres a bright blue spurs jacket. he like everyone else cheers when we score etc but why where spurs clothes?????? also on the way out leaving via south lower there are more liverpool, man u, arsenal and west ham shirts. sickening really.

I know, that's where we sit and I've come to the conclusion it's just dads bringing their kids to watch a game but not committed enough to splash out on local club colours.

I'd like to publically apologise for my shameful behaviour. It won't happen again.

Although I totally agree with the sentiment..where will the list end? Because of our current sponsoship deal, will anyone not wearing Nike clothing get ejected too?
What you have to remember, these are just corporate labels worn as a fashion item and it just shows how much work our corporate identity has to improve over the next few seasons within the catchment area of SUFC. People like to be associated with success...what would you say if a 'west ham' supporter wore a Southend away shirt to Upton Park?

one final point..what team do they spend thier money with week in week out for admission fees, programmes etc..including away matches?

If your supporting your club, you shouldn't be wearing other team colours. Sponsorship has nothing to do with it, its the principal of supporting another team whilst your watching our boys. Its wrong.

Back