• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

These pundits need to get a reality check, I heard that cretin Alan Green earlier saying Messi has been one of the few players who has delivered in this World Cup. :stunned: Delivered what? He's been pitiful throughout.

He has been decent against the poor teams but did better than Ronaldo, Rooney etc.

Also heard the him say that Muller has been fantastic, wouldn't say that. He has scored 4 goals against awful teams.

Ha!So much for my pre-tournament prediction for an Argentina v Brazil final!:nope:
Still as a SUFC fan what do I know about football?
Holland v Spain anybody? :unsure:

Last edited:
He has been decent against the poor teams but did better than Ronaldo, Rooney etc.

Also heard the him say that Muller has been fantastic, wouldn't say that. He has scored 4 goals against awful teams.

One of them being Argentina of course, who were playing pretty well until this afternoon.Great thing hindsight though,isn't it?:)

Ha!So much for my pre-tournament prediction for an Argentina v Brazil final!:nope:

Exactly, I predicted 3-0 to Germany. I couldn't even get the score right.

I always thought he had great prescience on the box. ;)

I have no idea what you are talking about, and don't understand why you deleted my words about during the Argentina v Germany game :whistling:

I wouldn't complain, I've got the Cloggies in the SZ competition, plus in a separate sweepstake I've got Spain, sort of a win / win for me.

One of them being Argentina of course, who were playing pretty well until this afternoon.Great thing hindsight though,isn't it?:)

Not with the way the defended. Argentina never played well at the back but they were never really tested.

I thought Messi did OK - loads of chances, hit the woodwork quite a few times. I think the standard this year has been good, but tactically teams are going out to draw. Paraguay v Uruguay final for me please.

I actually want Germany to win it. They've been the stand out team of the tournament for me. I don't think Argentina played particularly badly but were just blown away by a magnificent German performance.

Because Germany have been so impressive these last few games I don't think they'll win it.

Tournament football is about peaking at the right time and they've peaked early. The Dutch or Spanish are probably better placed to win for that reason.

Because Germany have been so impressive these last few games I don't think they'll win it.

Tournament football is about peaking at the right time and they've peaked early. The Dutch or Spanish are probably better placed to win for that reason.

Interesting theory.Certainly hope you're right.But I fear for Spain on Wednesday if they replicate their recent performances and Germany do the same.:O

Yes would be my prediction but as you say as SUFC fans what do we know about football!!!!

To be fair, if you had to watch the game of 120 minutes plus breaks with my parents then you would have been a bit peed off as well.

I guess that I get extremely annoyed with cheating, and sometimes I just snap (nearly done it in a game once).
phew, Thank god that didn't happen! Who knows what would have happened...

On the subject of football, think it'll be a Netherlands - Germany final that in my opinion the Netherlands will just edge.

Back