• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shaun Goater

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
I thought the Goat was a cut above today, his little flicks and touches were a joy to behold today.

The icing on the cake would have been a goal, if he'd headed in from that corner I'm sure the roof would have blown off Roots Hall

Fantastic game for The Goat today, really showed his class and experience. A goal and he would've been MoM without doubt....

goater was absoulty the star today. his flicks were top class and that turn - who needs blinding pace when you have the knowledge and awareness like that.

He's amazing. In one season he really is becoming a legend. When he retires I for one hope he comes back to the Hall every now and again.

i personally want him to stay on as a coach and i hope Tilly and Ron pull out all the stops to make that happen!

there was absolutely nothing wrong with the goater's goal today- i'd like to know why it was disallowed- shaun and freddie are becoming quite a tandem. good understanding and link ups.

I've said it before but replacing Goater is going to be Tilly's main, and most difficult, task in the summer.

Agree there. We'll miss him when he's gone - when he's fully fit he's pure class and his lack of pace doesn't matter. Even when he's been off form he's still been scoring.

Legend. He thoroughly deserves the rousing send-off he will recieve from three grateful clubs on May 6th.

That dummy he did in the centre of the park in the second half made me nearly c... in my y-frounts!

Whats a y-frount? Sounds uncomfortable!

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Mar. 25 2006,21:58)]Whats a y-frount? Sounds uncomfortable!

wow.gif
Its a font. A bit like Windings. But not.

Ok, Y-fronts??
wow.gif

A tad messy!

It's not just his play, it's brilliant to see someone play football with a smile on his face, there was a moment in the 2nd half where he tried for a nutmeg wide on the left - it didn't come off, but afterwards the Goat and Freddy were both in stitches - as well as that great moment from that corner, I was still laughing ten minutes later. That for me is what football is all about.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (smith southend shrimper @ Mar. 25 2006,23:51)]Yep the Goat is always smiling and laughing. I will never forget the incident at Yeovil!
laugh.gif
PURE QUALITY!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casual Shrimper @ Mar. 25 2006,22:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Mar. 25 2006,21:58)]Whats a y-frount? Sounds uncomfortable!

wow.gif
Its a font. A bit like Windings. But not.

Ok, Y-fronts??  
wow.gif

A tad messy!
Sod all that, you've just admitted to wearing y-fronts!

tounge.gif

What doesn't get mentioned about the Goat is his defending at set pieces. We are no longer giving sloppy goals away from corners and free-kicks around the box and that's largely down to him - he doesn't pick up a man but watches the flight of the ball and attacks it to head away.

Agree about the corner where he came close to scoring. The whole South Upper were singing 'Feed The Goat' which really lifted him and he rose like a 19 year old at the start of his career not someone at the end of it and came so close with the header. If it had gone in the roof would have come off the South Stand!

Back