• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shaun Hobson

Maroon Blue

First XI⭐
Noticed poor Shaun was relegated to the subs bench on Saturday against Aldershot. A victim of our thumping win and will now face a battle to get his place back after Oldham’s big win. Bearing in the mind the RWB was also missing after being banned for his sending off against us.

Noticed poor Shaun was relegated to the subs bench on Saturday against Aldershot. A victim of our thumping win and will now face a battle to get his place back after Oldham’s big win. Bearing in the mind the RWB was also missing after being banned for his sending off against us.

So it was case of blame the new boy. He saved them couple of times otherwise we would have been at least 3 up by HT

Poor Shaun he was often used as the scapegoat during his time here. Hopefully it won’t be long before he’s back in the side.

Shaun always starts a season off slow. He's comes back from the summer break looking overweight and slow. He did that at Southend. But he soon catches up with day to day training and games. He will be fine.

Why do we have threads on ex players / managers? Maybe it's just me but with few exceptions once they stop wearing a blue shirt and being part of our wonderful club I don't give a flying one what they do 🤔

Sounds like quite a few fans aren't happy with the way Unsworth is managing at Oldham. He'll be under pressure soon if they don't start climbing up the table.

Yet here you are commenting on it?
🤣 I knew someone would say that, I had a long boring day waiting for a gas engineer lol.

I think I just feel a bit let down by Hobson leaving when he did 😔 and I really don't care if he goes on to play for Southend Manor or Man U but I certainly wouldn't want him back now.

🤣 I knew someone would say that, I had a long boring day waiting for a gas engineer lol.

I think I just feel a bit let down by Hobson leaving when he did 😔 and I really don't care if he goes on to play for Southend Manor or Man U but I certainly wouldn't want him back now.
Hobson was probably one of our most loyal players right back to the Mark Molesley era, then through the lunacy that was Tango man second time round, and finally under Kevin and co. Towards the latter part of his time here he made it known that ideally he would like to return North to be closer to his family. It could well have happened last season, but the man stayed and produced some pretty solid and sometimes great performances. I'm pretty certain that he was out of contract at the end of June, so we were unable to offer him a new contract, he then decided to make the move North to Oldham and the Club didn't stand in his way and off he went with Kevin's blessing. You probably know all of this, but I thought it worth repeating again.

As for the Ex players thread, it does exactly what it says on the tin, gives posters the opportunity to comment on ex players. It's not to everyone's taste but if folk aren't interested that's fine. I'm not into F1 or Wrestling threads so I swerve them and anyone can do that to this thread as well.

Back