• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sheffield Wednesday

Again, it just shows what a mess professional football is in. If a Club as big as Sheff Wed and their crowds is losing 2Million a month, or as he puts it, pay 2Million a month on average? Then no wonder smaller clubs on tiny crowds are in trouble. Dodgy owner or no dodgy owner. Meanwhile, most managers and 1st team players in the Premiership very quickly become Millionaires. More than 80% become multi Millionaires according to reports. It's been said by me and many others on here, it's an upside down money pyramid, with the fat bit at the top. They need to stop lining the players pockets with more money than they can ever spend, and spread some financial help down the Leagues.

Again, it just shows what a mess professional football is in. If a Club as big as Sheff Wed and their crowds is losing 2Million a month, or as he puts it, pay 2Million a month on average? Then no wonder smaller clubs on tiny crowds are in trouble. Dodgy owner or no dodgy owner. Meanwhile, most managers and 1st team players in the Premiership very quickly become Millionaires. More than 80% become multi Millionaires according to reports. It's been said by me and many others on here, it's an upside down money pyramid, with the fat bit at the top. They need to stop lining the players pockets with more money than they can ever spend, and spread some financial help down the Leagues.
I’m afraid spreading of finances will never happen. I don’t blame the players (good luck to them) but I have nothing but utter contempt for the Premier League, it’s clubs, Sky Sports etc.

One day this bubble will burst and a massive club will fold. I’m afraid that’s the only way any kind of change will happen.

I wait for the day all these so called mega rich clubs that dont give a fcuk for other clubs ,breakaway and form there own European super league or whatever they want to call it. Football will be better of without them and clubs better off too. Just my opinion.

I’m afraid spreading of finances will never happen. I don’t blame the players (good luck to them) but I have nothing but utter contempt for the Premier League, it’s clubs, Sky Sports etc.

One day this bubble will burst and a massive club will fold. I’m afraid that’s the only way any kind of change will happen.
Unlikely that any change will happen even if a massive club folds. Just look at Rugby Union which has lost Wasps RFC or Worcester Warriors RFC last year.

Back