• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shirts...

Reading Shrimper

First XI
Not to count our chickens but...
Do you think the club will release a "special" shirt should be get to the final in Cardiff as with last year? Would you buy it after last year's?

Also what do you think of the new England home shirt (what you can see of it on the website...)

LDV final shirt in Blue I would buy. Any other colour I doubt it, unless of course it was like those cars that change colour as you pass them. Hmm pretty, I would like that.
tounge.gif

Has got to be blue, i was disgused last year, when we released that silver shirt, Blackpool released a comemorative tangerine shirt, and it looked good, i think we COULD do that, im, not sure if we should. The fact we are not changing our home shirt next year, means i feel that we will release one again.

Has got to be Blue. Silver said f**king second place, runners up, also rans before we'd even kicked off. How right they were- we played with about as much verve as the dismal grey 'commemorative' shirts being worn. The MD logo was bobbins too. To me it read 'tin pot club in cup final shock' where of course last year was merely the first in a series of cup finals / play-off triumps/ open top parades that will surely follow. Bit of professionalism required if we get there this time. Usual shirts but maybe with special wording. Though no doubt Ron Martin will sell advertising space on the players heads so they'll have to wear grey commemorative swimming hats. And the fans would buy them.

wait till Jávea shrimper reads this.. he will go mental!!! small matter of rovers first before its even thought about !!!!

To be fair, the club said that they could only get silver at short notice....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Mar. 03 2005,15:50)]Blackpool released a comemorative tangerine shirt, and it looked good, i think we COULD do that,
Did you not see the sponsors?!?!?! Most Blackpool fans I've heard hated it!

As for the silver issue, I was convinced that Shef Wed (Blue/White) and Blackpool (Orange) both came close to our home and away shirts (blue/white/red). In light of the fact that they played considerably after our tie and we wanted to maximise revenue by starting things rolling early, the only option was to use a new colour entirely.

Why does everyone hate it so much anyway? (Rhetorical, DONT answer!!) I still wear mine loads.

By the way, we're only one up against Bristol R in case anyone's forgotten.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 03 2005,16:12)]Silver said f**king second place, runners up, also rans before we'd even kicked off
In that case IF IF IF IF IF (to infinity) it's necessary, perhaps we should get a gold one next time?

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Mar. 03 2005,15:38)]I'm with Tony Kray this year, if it aint Blue it's a disgrace, seriously.
Well everyone shot me down in flames when i was on about this last year. And i seem to remember lots of my so called fellow SUFC fans on here taking the p**s out of me!

We should just keep with the kit we have! It's done us proud this season, as did last seasons kit till someone had a shot to bits idea of playing in f*****g silver!

UP THE BLUES!

we should have a blue one with yellow in the middle, like the old telewest shirt.

what a shirt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Mar. 03 2005,18:24)]Well everyone shot me down in flames when i was on about this last year.  And i seem to remember lots of my so called fellow SUFC fans on here taking the p**s out of me!
That's probably because you went so over the top it was untrue.
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Mar. 03 2005,18:24)]Well everyone shot me down in flames when i was on about this last year.  And i seem to remember lots of my so called fellow SUFC fans on here taking the p**s out of me!
Not me. I agreed with you. I distinctly remember one rant I made along the lines of the shirt being the club prostituting its heritage and history for a few quid.

Then I got drunk one night and woke up the next morning to flashbacks of ordering the shirt online.

To be fair it was a nice shirt and I still wear it and in years to come it'll be more than just another Southend shirt at the back of my wardrobe. BUT if we make it this year we have got to wear blue. I certainly won't be buying a silver/brown/red/pink 'special' shirt. Not unless I get really drunk anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 03 2005,22:40)]I certainly won't be buying a silver/brown/red/pink 'special' shirt. Not unless I get really drunk anyway.
That'll be one XL for Beefy then.....

tounge.gif

Wasn't it the very fact that we picked silver last year that meant our players couldn't pick each other out with their pinpoint passes (except of course Kev Maher).  
laugh.gif

Seeing as neither blue nor yellow clashes with our likely opponents I hope the club have pre-arranged (not wishing to count chickens blah blah) potential suppliers.

I would like to see blue shirts with a large yellow dot on the front containing a naked picture of Emma Bunton, except for some strategically placed LDV 2005 wording.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 03 2005,23:55)]Wasn't it the very fact that we picked silver last year that meant our players couldn't pick each other out with their pinpoint passes (except of course Kev Maher).
laugh.gif

Seeing as neither blue nor yellow clashes with our likely opponents I hope the club have pre-arranged (not wishing to count chickens blah blah) potential suppliers.

I would like to see blue shirts with a large yellow dot on the front containing a naked picture of Emma Bunton, except for some strategically placed LDV 2005 wording.
Just as we aren't there yet, neither are Wrexham.

Imagine the furore if we planned to release a Blue one then Oldham pull back the deficit.

Oh yeah, and we haven't beaten Bristol Rovers yet....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 04 2005,00:55)]Wasn't it the very fact that we picked silver last year that meant our players couldn't pick each other out with their pinpoint passes (except of course Kev Maher).  
laugh.gif
Would this be the same Kevin Maher who didn't even realise the ref had blown for kick off?

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 04 2005,10:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 04 2005,00:55)]Wasn't it the very fact that we picked silver last year that meant our players couldn't pick each other out with their pinpoint passes (except of course Kev Maher).  
laugh.gif
Would this be the same Kevin Maher who didn't even realise the ref had blown for kick off?

ghostface.gif
"Wow! Look lads it's massive! Hey, I can't see the sky! Crikey, it's got a roof! Look lads it's got a r.........! What do you mean, 'They've scored'?"

Laugh? I thought I'd never start.

Back