• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Should everyone in the Halifax advert be shot?

I'd purposefully avoid Halifax, Comparethemarket, GoCompare and that WeBuyAnyCar crap purely because of their advertising campaigns. Compare that to the campaigns of Cadburys (big budget, I know, but hugely innovative) or even Drench (The Brains from Thunderbirds advert)...

Wasn't this copied from a youtube clip?

ps Anyone know what religion the Pope is?

Which one? The Gorilla, Disturbing eyebrow children, the Airport vehicles or the new(ish) one with the fish?

The gorilla one, although no doubt the other ones were as well.

FWIW I'm in favour of amending those old laws that you can shoot with a crossbow Welshmen in Chester after dark, to also include that bloke from the BT ads.

I'd like to see the return of:

Oh eight nine one - FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY.

Insurance costs? Stupid, just stupid.

The gorilla one, although no doubt the other ones were as well.

FWIW I'm in favour of amending those old laws that you can shoot with a crossbow Welshmen in Chester after dark, to also include that bloke from the BT ads.

I thought it was scotsman in York with a bow and arrow ?

*Edit

Apparently its both

In Chester, you can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.
You may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close in Hereford.
In York, excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow

From http://www.nowpublic.com/world/hey-its-sunday-lets-go-kill-scotsman-archaic-british-laws-1

Am I the only person who when they said at the end of the advert where it says "What happens next, you decide" went to the website hoping to find "I've got AIDS" or something like that, only to find she is/isn't pregnant got even more annoyed at the worst advert story ever.

At least Gold Blend was hideously middle class, he probably spanked her with a rolled up copy of the Mail on Sunday whilst talking about how dole cheats should be put in Wales with gays.

I like the Army ones where you have to solve problems such as crossing a river or stopping a bit of ethnic cleansing/genocide.

I particularly liked the Royal Marine Commando advert in Viz.

My advice. If you want to change try Natwest. Their calls are all answered in the UK and if you are unable to understand the person you are talking to, you can ask to speak to someone who speaks better English.

Having just spent the last hour on the phone trying to get a credit card payment verified and a fault on the machine fixed by an assortment of people in India who are trained to say thank you for calling HSBC and talking incessantly so you can't get a word in and then failing to answer a question but offering to put you through to someone else who probably won’t be able to help either. ****ing ridiculous. And then when they can't help they say “thank you for calling HSBC today is there anything else I can help you with” it really hacks you of cos they never actually helped in the first place.

My advice. If you want to change try Natwest. Their calls are all answered in the UK and if you are unable to understand the person you are talking to, you can ask to speak to someone who speaks better English.

Having just spent the last hour on the phone trying to get a credit card payment verified and a fault on the machine fixed by an assortment of people in India who are trained to say thank you for calling HSBC and talking incessantly so you can't get a word in and then failing to answer a question but offering to put you through to someone else who probably won’t be able to help either. ****ing ridiculous. And then when they can't help they say “thank you for calling HSBC today is there anything else I can help you with” it really hacks you of cos they never actually helped in the first place.

I used to hate talking to HSBC on the phone, get tired of repeating yourself constantly or having to ask the other person to repeat themselves.

Back