• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should We Drop Mark Bentley?

Should We Drop Mark Bentley? -

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
One bad game, yes he should be banished from ever playing for us again.
rock.gif

On your basis, 7 or 8 of todays team should be dropped for the next game then surely?

To be honest i dont think Bentley has being playing at all well over the last few games.

Same could be said for Maher, but Maher is a better player then Bentley by a long shot.

Yes Maher should be given a kick up the backside i agree, he's not the be all and end all at Roots Hall!

Up The Blues!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 15 2005,20:11)]Yes but that is not practical so I think Kev should be droped for one game just to let him know hes not the be all and end all of southend!
I was actually replying to the original post about Bentley being dropped.

It would be nice if we had a fit player or new player to replace him. Drop him? He might be below par but hes also one of the only fit players we have.

TonyThetw*t - who exactly do you think is good enough to play for us? You and 10 of your mates?

**** of and "support" another team, you and those like you only hold us back....

suspect.gif

No need for comments like that!

I just dont think Bentley has been playing well in the matches i have seen lately!

UP THE BLUES!

Tony I can see your point. Bentley's been poor lately and he always seems to take an age to get into games. For the Mansfield game, put Pettefer in the middle and play Gower on the wing (or vice versa, maybe try Gower in the middle?) and see how that works. Bentley has some excellent games but he also has some very quiet games, and today I thought he was the worst player.

Let's be straight now, i really don't have a clue what I'm on about.

UP THE SILVERS!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony the Kray @ Jan. 15 2005,21:59)]Let's be straight now, i really don't have a clue what I'm on about.

UP THE SILVERS!!!!
I don't doubt your passion and I admire those with a different opinion who hold their ground. Shrimpboy, while very young is also of the same ilk- at least he doesn't conform to majority view to earn team points. It's just occasional credtit wouldn't do our posts any harm fella....

Don't know what happened with Bentley today. He couldn't win a header, and when he did it went wayward. Passing was nervous and lost, dribbling, yes I guess he did
sad.gif
. Bentley was one of my hopes for this season and today he played like Simon Livett.
Should he be dropped? Tilly must know what was going on and why he played like he did, Just didn't cut it at all. Imagine today with a fit Jay Smith!...Or...lets face it even Russell Williamson!

Come On Bents! its f%^&ing promotion we're staring at the face off not mid table medocrity. It's time *cue pipkin style clock noise* to put some bloody bonus payments on the table for our stars who can give 101 %

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Jan. 15 2005,21:57)]Tony I can see your point. Bentley's been poor lately and he always seems to take an age to get into games. For the Mansfield game, put Pettefer in the middle and play Gower on the wing (or vice versa, maybe try Gower in the middle?) and see how that works. Bentley has some excellent games but he also has some very quiet games, and today I thought he was the worst player.
Agreed!

Bentley was the worst player on the pitch today!

UP THE BLUES!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony the Kray @ Jan. 15 2005,21:59)]Let's be straight now, i really don't have a clue what I'm on about.

UP THE SILVERS!!!!
HA HA HA HA

Very funny!

Sack the imposter now!

UP THE BLUES!

Back