• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shoule Bramble be brought back??

Shoule Bramble be brought back?? -

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Dont Care

• Total voters
We simply need to be scoring more goals right now so yes, another option up front would be a good thing.

Well last time he played it was at Chester away and he played very well nearly scored if I remember when he came on. So Why not bring he down. Plus I hope he is down for Wednesday so I can have a chat with him.  
wink.gif

I voted No.

I truly believe that if Tes come back that it would upset the morale of the team. For someone who was disruptive in the changing room in and around games I don't think he should be back.

I understand the comments that followed another post on this site about dropping a moral stand on this view and let him back to get us up.

I have to disagree, i think bringing him back would send out the wrong message to the players and fans when the guy hasn't been at the club for a number of months and not trained with the team.

We know we can win without him so why so many people are calling for him to comeback I do not know. Desperate circumstances maybe in that we need the options but we have 3 strikers that can bang the goals away, we shall have to wait and see whether they can do it in the next 2 maybe 3 games and if they do I think we will be in the league above.

I am sure Tilly won't be drafting Tes in for the playoff games so we will have to make do with what we have and as we all know, they can do the business.

I'd like to see proof of where Tes has been disruptive. Everything I've read about him off the pitch has indicated that his problem was being too laid back to the point where his time keeping was beyond bad. That doesn't make him disruptive though.

Remember, he left because he wanted first team football, not because we kicked him out. And he was signed at Cambridge by Rob Newman who used to manage him and therefore can't think that he's too disruptive.

I just want us to go up. If Tes can bring something that we haven't already got (which imo he can) then bring him back and stick him on the bench. Maybe his reintroduction could even help moral, which is bound to be low after the way we finsihed the league season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pitsea shrimper @ May 09 2005,18:36)]Bring him back why not.nothing to lose.
there is that, but i could also argue that there is everthing to lose.

it is down to what the other players think about it after tes come out saying he won't be playing for the blues again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (In_The_Know_Blue_At_Roots_Hall @ May 09 2005,18:38)]it is down to what the other players think about it after tes come out saying he won't be playing for the blues again.
Hmm, how shall I vote?
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Tes said that because he was sent on loan to Cambridge for the rest of the season, when we looked like going up automatically. It was obviously very unlikely that he'd be given a new deal whilst being out on loan, so it's not surprising he didn't think he'd play for us again.

I personally thought it was refreshing to see a player want to make a go of it and want to further his career. He could've quite easily stayed with us, sat on the bench, and collected his wages, but he decided to go and try and impress elsewhere. Good luck to him, although I hope he fires us to League 1.
wink.gif

Having said before that I don't think Bramble should return, I'm undecided this time. He'll certainly give us a bit extra in attack, though to be fair if Tilson played Dudfield for more than 5 minutes at a time then we might see some more spark from him.

I don't think it'd affect morale in the dressing room though - the players are bound to be tired after a long season, so perhaps getting some fresh legs then it might even give them a boost....

The faithful are seeing the light. Im glad many are "re-considering" their opinion and anyone can become part of the TIG clan. Easiest poll. Ever.

unlike the General I have never been a big fan of Tes...but in our present position I'd have him back and stick him on the bench...as they say desparate needs desparate measures. Who knows if he scores the goal that gets us to the final and then gets the goal that gets us promotion, it could resurrect his career with us, So come on down Tes and prove us doubters wrong.....

It's all very well bringing Tes back as yes he would be a last throw of the dice sub if needed, but if Dudflield can only get 4 mins on the pitch when we desperatly need a goal, then what is Tes gonna get 30 seconds.

If thats the case then i'd say no .

Bringing him back would reflect very bad on Tilly. He would basically be admitting that sending Tes out on loan was a mistake.
After all, if he isn't good enough to play any part in the most crucial run-in to a season in 14 years, then why should he be good enough for the play-offs???
Yes, he might give us an extra option, but we have Dudders as an extra option.
And let's be honest, does anybody actually think Tilly will bring him back regardless???

He was sent out on loan, because he felt he wanted to play 1st team football, and at the time Tilly couldn't guarantee that. Tes has now played 8 or 9 games on the trot during which time he has 4 or 5 goals (a rate better than 2 of our 3 other strikers incidentally). Tes is still a Southend United player, and if we didn't pick him we would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

BB (newest official member of TIG)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ May 10 2005,11:30)]Bringing him back would reflect very bad on Tilly. He would basically be admitting that sending Tes out on loan was a mistake.
Why should it reflect badly on Tilly....Bramble is still our player we are paying his wages....circumstances have changed since we let him go out on loan...we need goals and he scores goals its like being allowed to bring a new player in on loan just to freshen the squad up at the most important time of our season...go for it Tilly.

What will reflect badly on Tilly is if we don't go up. Tilly needs to therefore pick his best squad. Dudfield is not an alternative to partner Freddy.

Surely it will reflect well on Tilly if it comes off or even if it doesn't. It would show that he's not too proud to keep Bramble out for the whole campaign.

As for the Dudfield argument. While Lawrie's a very good finisher and contributes a lot, he's never going to get the ball, take three players on and ping the ball in to the top corner. Can you imagine what opposition defences would do if there were two of our attackers dropping for the ball, willing to take people on and with the talent to hit a goal from anywhere round the box. The 2 men on Eastrwood tactic would have to be revised.

Clearly Eastwood does it more consistently than Bramble but Bramble Can do it and with 3 minutes to go, I'd much rather send Tes on than Dudfield.

Tes decided to go on loan himself because he (quite rightly felt) he wasn't going to figure so decided he wanted first team football. Tilly didn't want him to go but was left with no choice to let him go ...

Back