• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrewsbury Tomorrow

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Surely it can't be THAT bad for getting called off. A bit of rain?
Problem is there is a rather suspect river next to the ground that likes to go walkies!
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Oct. 22 2004,12:04)]I dont think the pitch drains that well, Steeeve. It doesnt seem to like water....
Even so, it can't be that bad that it gets called off over the slightest bit of rain. They'd never get a home game in between October and April otherwise (and not always the rest of the season either!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Oct. 22 2004,12:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Surely it can't be THAT bad for getting called off. A bit of rain?
Problem is there is a rather suspect river next to the ground that likes to go walkies!
sad.gif
laugh.gif

Good way of putting it. Also doesnt help that Gay Meadow is also below sea level...

Don't like the sound of all this rain talk but I'm going to hopefully be heading over via Midland Mainline.

Trying to recruit now.

Incidentally, while you're in the area, you may want to go and see Soulwax, a top quality band, at the Carling Academy in Brum.  I'm trying to hatch this elaborate plan at the moment.  Could really do with the Trainline working.

Incidentally, don't suppose anyone else is heading across from the East MIdlands area?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 22 2004,11:27)]I'll be there, turning up in a knackered old motor with 3 knackered old men.
Hang on a minute, I thought you were coming with me Steve ?

Yes it's true - ORM will be making his first awayday of the season tomorrow. We'll all be waving to everyone when we go flying past them on the M-Ways tomorrow.

Catch us if ya can !
laugh.gif

Presumably we're all meeting in the same godforsaken Welsh English sh*thole pre-match ? If so which one and do they have a play area for Napper and Leeboy ?
biggrin.gif

I shall be there for my first away game this season. Will probably book in to a Travel Lodge for Saturday night as well. Anyone got directions for the pre match boozer?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 22 2004,13:21)]Yes it's true - ORM will be making his first awayday of the season tomorrow.
yes it's true - 4 of us will be clinging to ORM's motorised armchair
biggrin.gif

Last time we went to the Dun Cow, but I don't really mind. Kev and the Youths will probably make it for half-time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Oct. 22 2004,12:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 22 2004,13:21)]Yes it's true - ORM will be making his first awayday of the season tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

Last time we went to the Dun Cow
Looks good to me.

ps why single me and Leeboy out, Tony? Want Steve to yourself? I know he's the youngest, but jeez.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 22 2004,13:26)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif

Looks good to me.

ps why single me and Leeboy out, Tony? Want Steve to yourself? I know he's the youngest, but jeez.

rock.gif
Because Steve will be guarding the car, stupid !!!!!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 22 2004,12:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 22 2004,13:26)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif

Looks good to me.

rock.gif
Because Steve will be guarding the car stupid !!!!!

laugh.gif
good point.

laugh.gif

Man, that's depressing. It's quicker getting to Gay Meadow from here than Roots Hall.

Dun Cow is it chaps. The Yoots will be there by 1PM! I hope ...

What's all this brother stuff? Is it like Cheltenham away last year?

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 22 2004,14:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 22 2004,12:51)]Man, that's depressing.  It's quicker getting to Gay Meadow from here than Roots Hall.
where's here? Where I'm working?
If you work in Loughbrough, yes. Otherwise, afraid not.

Looks liek my plan is falling in to place. Just need to get Soulwax tickets and I'm in.

Might see some of you guys on the line from Leicester to Birmingham or Birmingham to Shrewsbury.

Back