• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust AGM

Just read the thread from start to end. Am I right in thinking bridging loan happens we be ok if it doesn’t we’re screwed
Probably.

But the general view is that this loan is possibly linked to the next phase of the FF development (Training pitches open and B&L being demolished) which realistically won't be until spring.

That's a long wait for a financial injection if so. Hopefully the wait isn't as long as that, as quite frankly I don't think we will make it on our current trajectory.

I’ve never been convinced when that “person” has made any claims about how much he has “put into” the club In the past. Why could ANYONE believe a single word that ever comes out of his mouth ? The guy has absolutely zero credibility……a bit like SUFC, who under his ownership, have become a embarrassing pariah of a club. Totally humiliated and turned into a laughing stock off the pitch.
The balance sheet doesn't lie - the club has been making losses for years and years way over and above any management fees or rent that have appeared as debt on the accounts, and the cash to actually pay those day-to-day losses has to have come from somewhere, late as it often is. I can't deny it's embarrassing, but structurally we are also a loss-making business that needs constant support.

A material shareholding would be fantastic. However we’re not getting a material shareholding for £40k nor even the start of a material shareholding. @Napster - do you have a list of major shareholders and what percentage of shares Ron owns?

I also wouldnt be surprised if Ron is unable to reduce his shareholding because it’s acting as security for various loans.

This is the type of thing we should be thinking about though

Complete List of Shareholders with % here

What is it that BRANSTON i think is his name ,owns Virgin Airlines plus other businesses says . " Look after your employees ,and they in turn will look after your customers / clients "
Maybe RM needs to think about that.

I’ve never been convinced when that “person” has made any claims about how much he has “put into” the club In the past. Why could ANYONE believe a single word that ever comes out of his mouth ? The guy has absolutely zero credibility……a bit like SUFC, who under his ownership, have become a embarrassing pariah of a club. Totally humiliated and turned into a laughing stock off the pitch.
Have to agree, I was optimistic until a couple of years ago but this man is poison for this club and continues to pit fans against each other! Also god help him if our season gets derailed because of Ron

With the analysis that TL will have done and the daily conversations with RM, I am willing to bet that this was almost planned. They knew the cashflow situation and got their ducks in a row squad wise so that we didn't need to get anyone in. After all, if you don't need anyone, it doesn't matter if you are under an embargo or not.

It's been said in several meeting that we've attended that these next few months were going to be "tricky". It says as much in our October Liaison Meeting Minutes:

"TL confirmed that some senior members of staff had agreed to a wage deferral. PF said that the Chairman had openly said that things would be “rocky” for a few months but that we are now coming to the end of that time-period."

As Tom said Monday night, we are still paying the cost of Covid and for a Club such as ours, that's caused a huge knock on effect.

It's been said in several meeting that we've attended that these next few months were going to be "tricky". It says as much in our October Liaison Meeting Minutes:

"TL confirmed that some senior members of staff had agreed to a wage deferral. PF said that the Chairman had openly said that things would be “rocky” for a few months but that we are now coming to the end of that time-period."

As Tom said Monday night, we are still paying the cost of Covid and for a Club such as ours, that's caused a huge knock on effect.
The cost of Covid was relegation to the NL and all that entails. The Embargo's and lack of fund management at that time was the detriment to the club. RM has stated home games make no money so it cannot be due to a lack of fans at games.

It's a cop out IMO and just another thing for RM to blame, even old staff from years ago have been coming out and stating nothing has changed at the club and it has always been the same with RM at the helm. We have suffered embargo's tax problems etc for years. Other clubs are still going stong without all the mess behind the scenes.

It's RM's mismanagemant, greed, lack of funds to run a football club properly and not wanting to share the prize he is after with anybody else that has caused all this.

Last edited:
Maybe Ron has offered a flat to each Trust board member and zone moderator…. I hope I’ve done enough to be on the list.

I’m holding out for much, much more. One Rossi of my choosing, per week, for life. A quick spin in one of Ron’s old Bentley’s (mainly to see if he’s left any change down the back of the seats) and a promise that I get first refusal on the big TV in the Far Post Bar. I’ve got big plans for that old relic

Yes. I understand the immediate need for cash so a loan was always the starting point, but it could have been convertible to equity.

There is one downside - the Trust doesn’t get the money back - but the big upside it would force RM to value the club when pricing the equity. In reality, the Trust would have been in a strong position to dictate terms.

I have long been of the view the Trust use capital to build a shareholding and that individual shareholders should gift their shares to the Trust. A material shareholding would be leverage for the Trust.

Happy to discuss if helpful
As much as that is a good point, I don't think that it is likely that anyone would get a material shareholding.

Late to the party on this, just catching up on the meeting last night, the loans etc.

There is so much that doesn't add up really... to those who have run businesses before, they will know that cashflow is the absolute key. You could have the most profitable product in the world, but a negative cashflow will bring that business down very quickly.

But this isn't just about cashflow.

I think that the communication between RM and TL + the management team is very good. Tom says he speaks to RM daily, or most days. He has been through similar stuff before elsewhere. He knew what he was getting into.

KM says we don't need to sell players in January, and if we are out of the embargo, we may even add to the squad.

Does anyone not think it highly co-incidental that Blondy was brought in as a sub keeper just before we went into an embargo?

With the analysis that TL will have done and the daily conversations with RM, I am willing to bet that this was almost planned. They knew the cashflow situation and got their ducks in a row squad wise so that we didn't need to get anyone in. After all, if you don't need anyone, it doesn't matter if you are under an embargo or not.

Stan's recent statement told us to trust the management team. I am sure they all have much more acute knowledge of the situation than we do and are well aware of all the pitfalls. And they are still here. I absolutely trust them.

I have maintained for some time that whilst Ron probably hasn't got tons of money, he has got access to it if necessary. I'd not considered this before, but I wonder if he already has got backers or investors behind the scenes? After all, he certainly hasn't got much himself and there doesn't appear to be a huge amount of panic coming from Ron Towers, does there? Especially if we don't need to sell players. You'd have thought that the whole bloody squad would be up for sale if we were as skint as many seem to think we are.

Maybe the backers are the ones pulling the strings. In any event, we know that - whilst to a degree the clubs interests and Ron's are aligned in as much as that he needs us as much as we need him, otherwise he won't collect the BIG prize - Ron is quite prepared for the club to drop a division or two, as long as it stays out of administration, which would see the end to his pipedream as all he would then collect on would be a payment of a few pence in the pound for all the monies owed on the books. A hedge, a bit of insurance, the biggest creditor... but a pittance compared to the property deals.

So panic throughout the supporters groups has set in (a bit). TL, KM, Benno and Currie have been as honest and transparent as they can be in an attempt to settle the nerves. The club have got a bit of an additional lifeline with the two loans to the club. By the way, I know most will understand this, but when you lend money, you can't stipulate with any certainty what it is used for; it will just go into the money pit that is Roots Hall and will keep us ticking over until the next time. And Ron will pay it back, probably, a month or two late maybe.

But for all the panic and shouting by the fans, the actions and behaviours of the management don't align. And I'm not aiming criticism at anyone here, just for the avoidance of doubt. They all have a job to do, and are doing it extremely well, especially considering the situation.

Something just tells me it will all be fine; we'll sail close to the wind, but we won't go bust, we won't go into administration, we won't sell our best players and FF will keep on rumbling on.
There is speculation aplenty on this thread, including FBM’s comment above. But at least his comment applies some logic and rational thinking to the situation. Neither overly optimistic nor pessimistic, just an objective assessment. I would advise contributors to this thread to read it and think on.

Lots of meaningless shareholders on there, they should donate them to the owner to clean that list up a bit. What a mess
I've got a good mate who owns 19 of them Doubt if he could be perusaded to give them up to the Chairman or anyone else! Still I did manage to blag some Chelsea Cup tickets from him back in the day. :Smile:

Q. Didn't the Trust say (during the protests) that it was changing it's stance and would no longer be using the phrase "To help, not hinder" ?

Back