• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust inclusivity programme.

stan collymore

Stanley Victor Collymore
Hey guys

After hearing from the Trust on Monday about the cessation of Aviva funding which helped disadvantaged kids get to Roots Hall as part of an excellent inclusivity initiative, I'm delighted that Aviva's £1k doonation is now £2k already for next season!

I've donated £1k as has BTMK Solicitors in Southend.

I'd like to be ambitious and get to £10k before the season starts again, because that feeling of going to your first game, being part of something to look forward to important at the best of times but for kids who in many cases will have had a very rough time in the last year, even more so.

BTMK Solicitors we're on our way.

Every little helps ?

Last edited:
Hey guys

After hearing from the Trust on Monday about the cessation of Aviva funding which helped disadvantaged kids get to Roots Hall as part of an excellent inclusivity initiative, I'm delighted that Aviva's £1k doonation is now £3k already for next season!

I've donated £1k, BTKM Solicitors in Southend have kindly donated £1k as has Jack Shaw who's active on SZ I believe ( Jack, wave your hand!).

I'd like to be ambitious and get to £10k before the season starts again, because that feeling of going to your first game, being part of something to look forward to important at the best of times but for kids who in many cases will have had a very rough time in the last year, even more so.

Thanks to Jack and BTKM Solicitors we're well on our way.

Every little helps ?

Wow! This is so generous of those who have donated so far, I personally am really proud of what the Trust have done in respect of this so far and this generosity is going to mean we can do so much more. Thank you so much to all and to @stan collymore for volunteering to help here and delivering already!

Hi Stan. This is a brilliant initiative and I'd be happy to donate. Have you thought about incentivising larger donations such as if someone donates above a certain amount, they get a 15 minute Zoom call with you, increasing in time in line with their donation or something? I know it's not really the point to give to receive but I think it would make more people join in if there was perhaps a tier structure according to amount donated as the chance of being able to interact with yourself would be something a lot of us would love to have the chance to do?

Just an idea :Smile:

Hi Stan. This is a brilliant initiative and I'd be happy to donate. Have you thought about incentivising larger donations such as if someone donates above a certain amount, they get a 15 minute Zoom call with you, increasing in time in line with their donation or something? I know it's not really the point to give to receive but I think it would make more people join in if there was perhaps a tier structure according to amount donated as the chance of being able to interact with yourself would be something a lot of us would love to have the chance to do?

Just an idea :Smile:

almost like a patreon/kickstarter thingy.

Hey guys

After hearing from the Trust on Monday about the cessation of Aviva funding which helped disadvantaged kids get to Roots Hall as part of an excellent inclusivity initiative, I'm delighted that Aviva's £1k doonation is now £3k already for next season!

I've donated £1k, BTKM Solicitors in Southend have kindly donated £1k as has Jack Shaw who's active on SZ I believe ( Jack, wave your hand!).

Every little helps ?

Hi all, thanks for the comments of support here. We are working on getting an official page on our website and donate facility for this specific project, this will be added to this thread when complete by the Shrimpers Trust official account.

We would also be interested in any worthy causes, feel free to PM me directly if you have any ideas on this.

Hey guys

Every little helps ?
Hi Stan,

I think you mean BTMK Solicitors.

Cheers.

Hey guys

Every little helps ?

Hi Stan, thanks for this, it is fantastic news.
Thanks also to BTMK Solicitors Jack Shaw.

As jphfitz alluded to we are setting up a webpage with all the details. It is hoped that this will go live tonight.

Whilst this is all excellent I would like to point out that the football club also has an affiliation with SUCET (Southend United Community and Educational Trust) which I regard as 'Southend's best kept secret'. I am informed that they are likely to lose significant levels of funding due to relegation meaning a number of Community projects may not be undertaken going forward. SUCET provide schemes for Sport Participation, Health & Wellbeing, Education &Training and Community Cohesion. Their website sufccommunity.co.uk provides more specific details and I'm sure they would appreciate any support.

Whilst this is all excellent I would like to point out that the football club also has an affiliation with SUCET (Southend United Community and Educational Trust) which I regard as 'Southend's best kept secret'. I am informed that they are likely to lose significant levels of funding due to relegation meaning a number of Community projects may not be undertaken going forward. SUCET provide schemes for Sport Participation, Health & Wellbeing, Education &Training and Community Cohesion. Their website sufccommunity.co.uk provides more specific details and I'm sure they would appreciate any support.
This is a hugely important point and exactly what I said in the past. Yes we still get a parachute payment, and yes Academy funding remains at its current level for 18 months, but relegation will affect from the get-go the work the club/SUCET does in the community and this is often forgotten.

Last edited:
This is a great initiative - So that it gets more exposure I wonder if it could be mentioned in the season ticket reminder communication that will be sent out in the next few weeks? There could be a range of options with people given the opportunity to fund 3, 10 or 30 games a season for young people. I would be happy to contribute -this the sort of initiative that will be important to building the future for our club.

This is a great initiative - So that it gets more exposure I wonder if it could be mentioned in the season ticket reminder communication that will be sent out in the next few weeks? There could be a range of options with people given the opportunity to fund 3, 10 or 30 games a season for young people. I would be happy to contribute -this the sort of initiative that will be important to building the future for our club.
Great idea! I have spoken to the chair and the trust will go directly to the club to request either this or something similar to see if it is something they can support with. Thank you

Back