• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust Statement 19/09/23

Excellent idea. For all the (valid) concern about fan involvement leading to a mudslinging contest, IMO this is exactly the type of role the trust should have in the next phase of the club if we’re free of Martin. Will sign up to the trust today.

On a cynically political level (don’t worry mods this isn’t opinionated), you could definitely make the case that there are probably a few thousand people who might become single issue voters on the saving of the club. Great to see the trust putting the wheels in motion on a level that no protest ever could.

Can someone clarify exactly what this means please, am I right in thinking that if successful the Trust would own Roots Hall? Thank you in advance

Can someone clarify exactly what this means please, am I right in thinking that if successful the Trust would own Roots Hall? Thank you in advance
Not quite. If the submitted EOI is successful, then we'll be invited by DLUHC to make a full bid for funding.

If we get that funding, the aim would be to use it towards a purchase of Roots Hall to bring it back into community ownership.

No guarantees that it will work or be plain sailing, but we're trying and this is the first big step.

Not quite. If the submitted EOI is successful, then we'll be invited by DLUHC to make a full bid for funding.

If we get that funding, the aim would be to use it towards a purchase of Roots Hall to bring it back into community ownership.

No guarantees that it will work or be plain sailing, but we're trying and this is the first big step.
Thank you, my only concern which I'm sure you're all well aware of is the impending timescale that we have coming up. Time is against us to say the least. You have my full support though.

Well done and thank you all at the Trust!

Now ALL Southend Supporters should sign up to the Shrimpers Trust.

For anyone interested, a standard adult is just £7 per year or £10 for two years. Worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY for the work they've done in the last year alone, let alone going forward.

i am old and live in the Philippines . If i was living in Southend ( which i may say i wish i was but is impossible ) i would sign up in a heart beat , all you supporters who are able please do ,

Thank you, my only concern which I'm sure you're all well aware of is the impending timescale that we have coming up. Time is against us to say the least. You have my full support though.

Well done and thank you all at the Trust!
Absolutely. We are working on several things, some for the immediate term and some medium term. Of course there is lots of focus on the here and now (or on 4th October at least) but we're not putting all of our eggs in one basket.

i am old and live in the Philippines . If i was living in Southend ( whih i may say i wish i was but is impossible ) i would sign up in a heart beat , all you supporters who are able please do ,
We have members situated all over the world and being a member means that you can have a say in the direction of travel on various things if/when they come to fruition, no matter where you reside.

The site wont at present load for me , but i will try again tomorrow morning and also send messages to my brothers there and my siser in Germany to sign up, They maybe Arsenal or SPURS SUPPORTERS BUT THE ALSO LOVE sOUTHEND uNITED , WE WERE ALL BORN NOT FAR FROM roots hALL.

Back