• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Silence

So what’s everyone’s beef with Stan ????
I most definately have no beef with SVC ,JS, or the 3 Amigos or TL ,they doing a marvellous job, only beef i have ( 2 INFACT) is with our present owner and the sheer lack of talent from the people impersonating referees. If i was as incompetant at my profession as both the owner and these people impersonating referees there would have been absolute mayhem on the roads in the state of Victoria .I was a truckie for many many years.

Well I’m am pleased my message got this post going again.

Stan - Are you better from the inside looking out or the outside looking in. I would argue you can effect more from the outside, as you are stifled by Ron. We need action and we need it now.

No idea whether you are reading this. This can not continue, the club will die, please make Ron see see some kind of sense and invite considerations to buy him out. Otherwise we will be no more and that is tragic for many thousands of us.

The silence is deafening….

I think a very large number of people didn’t vote in that poll (low turnout to put it mildly?) not surprisingly as what constitutes more robust action is completely undefined? More robust than what? More robust than picketing his house? More robust than pitch invasions? Within the law? No idea. I don’t think even those voting yes were giving a blank cheque…
Well it was my first poll so I congratulate myself for that - thanks for support. I’m sure there are allot of readers like me who read and never contribute because they are afraid some regulate member will shoot them down because it doesn’t meet their standard.

Putting it mildly - are you now setting a bar on shrimperzone for what constitutes a polll effective?

Jeez what’s with all the questions. “Robustness is about creating systems that can handle adversity and uncertainty”

You can’t speak for those voting - you are creating an assumption to suit your narrative

Well it was my first poll so I congratulate myself for that - thanks for support. I’m sure there are allot of readers like me who read and never contribute because they are afraid some regulate member will shoot them down because it doesn’t meet their standard.

Putting it mildly - are you now setting a bar on shrimperzone for what constitutes a polll effective?

Jeez what’s with all the questions. “Robustness is about creating systems that can handle adversity and uncertainty”

You can’t speak for those voting - you are creating an assumption to suit your narrative
I think the issue was that 'robust action' is vague and no concrete suggestions were put forward.

The Trust is working incredibly hard at the moment behind the scenes, forging links with MPs (not just Southend's MPs), Football Associations, other Trusts who have experienced hardship, current and former employees, and bringing together other groups of supporters.

You mention there are a lot of readers afraid to post in case they get shot down, but if your opening gambits are to criticise a group of people working incredibly hard in their own time for the cause, you do open yourself up to a bit of criticism yourself.

The Trust is absolutely not above criticism, but criticising without having any other suggestions is not really cricket, IMO.

Stan was at the game last night. He is a fan and would do anything to help us, but it is a tad difficult when he is silenced about other topics and is only allowed to talk about the playing side of the club.

I am sure he is as frustrated as the rest of us by that **** at the top.
Well said. I really pity and admire anyone who has to work with that person as the owner. An almost impossible challenge for Stan and everyone else. He must make you feel like smashing your own face into a brick wall with frustration!!

Stan- Nobody is going to renew their season ticket. Well I would expect a significant reduction. The fan base is alienated completely with the lack of information coming from the club.

Something needs to give here….a phoenix club actually feels like the better option right here right now. I can’t believe I am saying this…but it does, supporters can not put up with this any longer.

The season ticket announcement is the final straw. I am appealing to you as you seem to have half an ear to Ron….this can not continue.

Loyal supporters will be driven away…I have been to around 700 games over 35 years. 24 years a season ticket holder…90 grounds. Enough is enough….without proper transparency and change we will go in our hundreds if not thousands and the club will be no more.

We are being taken for granted and having the **** taken out of us.
I thought something was up….let’s hope for a positive outcome from the sake process 🤞

Back