• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Silly question from an American

AmericanShrimper

I noticed that everyone is talking about our first match of next season being away to notts forest. Is that something that is already set-up? How is that known if the fixture list isn't out yet? Forgive the ignorance guys, I'm still learning...

It's just speculation at the moment.They are one of the biggest clubs in league 1 so it is a big day out for supporters.And the chance of a glory win at the start of the season.Nottingham on a sunny warm day is great fun,with plenty of beer and lots of joviality.If you get the chance to go park by the cricket ground and have a few beers in the pub there. It is about 5 mins from the ground.

Its wishfull thinking as Forrest will be the biggest club in league one.
I think the fixture list is announced in three weeks time

It is just what people want, a big club like Forest away on the first day of the season. It could happen, but we will probably get something like Doncaster or MK Dons away
wow.gif

ok I see, thanks for the clarification. I'm going to be the one person on here that hopes that Notts Forest away isn't until September or later because then I'll be able to go!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Shrimper @ May 29 2005,18:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ May 29 2005,17:18)]one of the biggest clubs in league 1
It is the biggest club in League 1 next year!
In reference to SW getting promoted 10 minutes ago I pressume.

NO!!!!!!!
I'm on holiday and will miss the first 2 games of the season, so definately dont want forest away then!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 29 2005,17:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Shrimper @ May 29 2005,18:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ May 29 2005,17:18)]one of the biggest clubs in league 1
It is the biggest club in League 1 next year!
In reference to SW getting promoted 10 minutes ago I pressume.
It was!

Also, they're the first team in any league in any country (I'm fairly certain) who's won the European Club/Champions' League and been relegated to the third tier of their domestic league. I've been once before and there's something special about the City Ground.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ May 29 2005,18:57)]NO!!!!!!!
I'm on holiday and will miss the first 2 games of the season, so definately dont want forest away then!
Ditto I'm afraid so I would definately like an away game against Doncaster and a home game against MK Dons!

Plus Nottingham is the only place in Britain to with a Hooters Restaurant which makes it an even more exciting trip.

Back