• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simon Cox

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
Bumped into our number 10 at Virgin Active in Thundersley, and he very kindly posed for a picture and had a quick chat - easier to report with bullet points like Uncle Ron:

* Completed his A licence in Scotland (very hard as on astroturf and out on the pitch about 4 hours a day) - nothing untoward about that, only that the trainer moved from the FAI to the SFA hence why he went there.

* He ain't going anywhere (more on that later).

* Very surprised about Kevin Keen leaving - held in high regard. Things that it could be an internal appointment but doesn't really know. Mentioned both Dave Huzzey and Kevin Maher...

* Happy with personal performance last season. Wants to play at least another 3 years (he's just turned 32) and has a contract for next season as we all know, but will be requesting another year as soon as they go back for pre-season training. Doesn't sound like he is angling for a move.

* Didn't ask about his personal life but he was chatting to a very attractive blonde on the rowing machines after we'd finished chatting! !

Absolutely top bloke and looked like he'd never stopped training after the season ended. Forgot to ask him about the new striker signing but I reckon he'll still be first choice come start of the season.

Good news, as was getting worried he may leave.

Seen him shopping in Sainsbury’s at Rayleigh Weir, but have never spoken to him.

He seems very driven, which shows on the pitch. Our best player by a mile last season, hopefully more to come next season.

Good stuff!

Good news, though to be fair if he was off to pastures new he wouldn't tell a random stranger in a gym.

Correct, but he just wouldn't say anything.

To say nothing raises suspicion as much as saying he's out of here. With the way the world is he knew that anything but saying "I ain't going anywhere" would be plastered all over the internet, especially if he wants to keep a secret from the club for the time being.

I’m sure if Reading came in for him he would be off. Plus if someone put in a big enough bid and we accepted it he would have to consider it. I’d like to think he would stay unless a really good offer comes and I wouldn’t blame him or be annoyed if he did leave. He is top class and we are so lucky to have him here.

Bit puzzled as to why this comes under a "breaking news" banner.
Getting as bad as Sky.

It’s all made up- there was nothing to suggest he was remotely interested In leaving-

In fact all we have now found is he would actually like to stay longer and extend his contract. We should return to stories with more legs- I hear we are in for Messi

Back