• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Just seen this about Simpson and orient...

Leyton Orient boss Andy Hessenthaler called for the summer transfer window to shut before the start of the season following O’s 3-0 win over Stevenage.

Gavin Massey’s brace sandwiched a stunning header from Dean Cox as the east Londoners earned their first victory of the campaign in style.

The big news before kick-off was the inclusion of Jay Simpson in the starting XI for the first time since a friendly fixture with Gillingham on July 30.

After scoring 25 goals for Orient last year in League Two, the ex-Arsenal striker was heavily linked with a move to local rivals Southend United.

Simpson was therefore classed as “unavailable” for O’s opening three games in all competitions, but returned and played 74 minutes at Brisbane Road.

“Jay gives everybody a lift and I don’t like the window when it’s like this,” said Hessenthaler. “For me when the season starts, the window should shut. You’ve got your players, you’ve got your squad so get on with it.

“You shouldn’t have a month where it is still open and I think it turns players heads, people get disrupted and it can happen at most clubs. I think the window should be shut once that first ball of the season is kicked.”

With Simpson back involved, Orient weren’t tempted to knock long balls forward and played the ball around on the floor against Boro.

Cox, Massey and Harry Cornick combined wonderfully on several occasions just behind O’s striker and the trio switched positions numerous times too.

Although it was Stevenage who made the better start, the hosts ran out comfortable winners on what was a very satisfactory night at Brisbane Road.

Hessenthaler added: “The front players were a lot smaller so we had to work the ball through the thirds of the pitch and we did that.

“What we did was we used Gavin to come off the line and use his pace to get in behind and the same with Harry as well. It worked well, but whether that is the way we keep going, we’ll have to wait and see.”

Orient’s triumph moves them up to 10th in the table with four points from three league games.

We still need an additional striker. Look at last night, one injury to Ranger and we are scrapping the barrel. Could Reid be an option again.

We still need an additional striker. Look at last night, one injury to Ranger and we are scrapping the barrel. Could Reid be an option again.

We do but I don't think it's our biggest priority. We got promoted with a mean defence and well organised team that were hard to score against, front to back. We need a lot more of that. The spine of the team is too soft at the moment

We do but I don't think it's our biggest priority. We got promoted with a mean defence and well organised team that were hard to score against, front to back. We need a lot more of that. The spine of the team is too soft at the moment

Whilst I agree with you, srikers win you games. Look at last night. One more injury up top and we will be screwed. I know the same could be said for midfield and defence. To be fair all positions should of, and need to be added to.

As always though, its not one or the other. Whilst we have been trying to get Simpson Brown has been talking to at least 6 clubs to try to bring in a defender.

As always though, its not one or the other. Whilst we have been trying to get Simpson Brown has been talking to at least 6 clubs to try to bring in a defender.

Absolutely, I couldn't agree more :thumbsup: They key word in my post though was 'priority' :tease:

ITS as plain as the nose on your face .While Nile ranger was on the field we cut sheffields defence to shreds . Ranger was forced off then Monnie comes on and we then don't get another shot on target .If Ranger is going to have another long lay off .We need another striker fast to work along side cox

Aside from the whole Simpson saga, I've got to agree with what Andy Hessenthaler is saying here. It really is ridiculous that the transfer window is still open after the season starts. There's tons of players across the country walking on eggshells or not playing because they're close to moves away.

Get it all done in the summer and then it can't affect a side's performance.

Aside from the whole Simpson saga, I've got to agree with what Andy Hessenthaler is saying here. It really is ridiculous that the transfer window is still open after the season starts. There's tons of players across the country walking on eggshells or not playing because they're close to moves away.

Get it all done in the summer and then it can't affect a side's performance.

It's an international transfer window, so it would have to apply across the globe.

Bring back the days when transfer deadline was in March and you had to log on to CEEFAX to see who you'd signed. None of this endless speculation back then.

ITS as plain as the nose on your face .While Nile ranger was on the field we cut sheffields defence to shreds . Ranger was forced off then Monnie comes on and we then don't get another shot on target .If Ranger is going to have another long lay off .We need another striker fast to work along side cox

I hope that's not a criticism of Mooney last night, the guy worked his bollocks off. Ranger is clearly a much more dominant force in the air, and, so it seems on the ground, Mooney is an entirely different type of player. One has played in the Prem, the other hasn't.

I hope that's not a criticism of Mooney last night, the guy worked his bollocks off. Ranger is clearly a much more dominant force in the air, and, so it seems on the ground, Mooney is an entirely different type of player. One has played in the Prem, the other hasn't.

Wow Bollocks gets past the swear filter :smile:

As long as we can start a chant of 'ohhhh Jay Simpson' to the tune of the hokey cokey, I'll die a happy chap.

Back