• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Sir Freddy of Eastwood Day (17th Anniversary)

I remember my mate Al McKenzie from Scotland, God rest him, a massive Partick Thistle fan saying he was watching it in his local pub, with everyone bar him supporting Man United. He used to follow our results and I used to follow theirs.

Said he had a great night and felt 10 feet tall when the final whistle went.

Up the Jags Al, wherever you are!

FORMER Southend United boss Steve Tilson will never forget how Sir Alex Ferguson to his Manchester United losing at Roots Hall.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
Does the Echo not employ proof readers to check their headlines?

FORMER Southend United boss Steve Tilson will never forget how Sir Alex Ferguson to his Manchester United side losing at Roots Hall.

Tilly certainly deserved another shot at management for all he accomplished as our manager, the team he assembled and how they played. Too loyal to SUFC when things were going "pear shaped" Treated shabbily by the club in the end. Desperately took the Lincoln job which was a big mistake. Should have left when he was attracting bigger offers.

Been a loyal fan since 1969. Been the best manager we've had in my opinion. His teams played the best football we ever played in my time. Kev is catching up fast, although at a different level and under different circumstances.

A strange after effect of that night was the tons of messages I received afterwards from clients and friends offering their congratulations. Usually I just received the occasional sympathy card
yeah I walked into work the next day (slightly late and hungover) and was greeted like some returning hero, almost as if I had scored myself

My son's first day home from the hospital after he was born. I watched the game on TV with him sleeping next to me. It was so tough not disturbing him, but I somehow kept my exhilaration and excitement in check.

After the match a mate phoned to congratulate me. I left the room to speak to him and, amazingly, I had almost lost my voice still!

My son's first day home from the hospital after he was born. I watched the game on TV with him sleeping next to me. It was so tough not disturbing him, but I somehow kept my exhilaration and excitement in check.

After the match a mate phoned to congratulate me. I left the room to speak to him and, amazingly, I had almost lost my voice still!
You cant tell me you didnt leap up when freddy scored? 😄

Should also be sir daryl of flahavan day. Nothing in the world was getting past him that night. 🐈‍⬛

Does the Echo not employ proof readers to check their headlines?

FORMER Southend United boss Steve Tilson will never forget how Sir Alex Ferguson to his Manchester United side losing at Roots Hall.
No.

But then to be fair they dont even employ reporters!

:Whistling:

Back