• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Sir Freddy of Eastwood Day (17th Anniversary)

Was a fantastic night, I was in East yellows that night, remember my uncle texting me every 5 mins to see what was happening as they had a power cut for a time in Pitsea that night.

Another thing I remember, did/has anyone noticed Mitchell Cole wasn't in any of the post match photo's and wondered why?

he'd just returned from a loan spell at Northampton, after playing his last game for them on the previous weekend and was named on the bench for us on the Tuesday. But his loan spell didn't finish until the Wednesday morning, so he wasn't put on the pitch and was ushered away for that reason, in case the result was overturned for us fielding an illegible player.

East stand red back then, what a night under the Hall lights, within earshot of Sir Alex good fun, welcome to hell 😄
Great memories and told myself all night we can do this.

Watching from home in Germany whilst my dad was away on tour somewhere (ex-Army). He called me at ht only to say “we’ll get thumped second half”.

My brother had managed to get a ticket from someone at work. It was for the North Bank amongst the Mancs.

About 45 minutes before kick off he phones me from behind the North Bank and says he can get me a ticket from some manure guy but it 'll cost me £50.

Dilemma. I pause. Can I justify £50 when the chances are we'll lose anyway? But if we win...

To late my brother tells me he's just sold it to someone else.

Bugger!!!

I also remember we had a cake made for Sir Alex's birthday, hope it taste nice on the way home on the coach 😆 🤣

Back