• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Six Seconds

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Here's an excerpt from the laws of the game 2022/23:

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:
• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it

When was the last time that was enforced? Surely if refs started applying the rule goalkeepers would stop wasting so much time when they're 1-0 up with a few minutes to go. And in my view diving on the floor after picking up the ball should count in the 6 seconds because they have the ball under control.

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:
• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it

When was the last time that was enforced? Surely if refs started applying the rule goalkeepers would stop wasting so much time when they're 1-0 up with a few minutes to go. And in my view diving on the floor after picking up the ball should count in the 6 seconds because they have the ball under control.
Spot on L.

I'd change it to 12 seconds, but enforce it rigidly, and yes that includes when the keeper makes a routine catch / save and then falls on the floor.

This is our fault as fans for not keeping the refs honest.

When opposing goalkeepers are timewasting we need to start counting out loud.

I would be happier if the ref picked up when a player takes a throw and gains 5 yards by walking up the line before throwing it

But, we do those antics the same as any other team. The authorities lost control of the cheating / gamesmanship a long time ago, and are doing very little to get it back

I would be happier if the ref picked up when a player takes a throw and gains 5 yards by walking up the line before throwing it
Wrexham were so guilty of this and it wasnt just 5 yards they were pinching, and ref constantly kept a blind eye to it . Plus getting a towel to dry the ball and wasting time .

Wrexham were so guilty of this and it wasnt just 5 yards they were pinching, and ref constantly kept a blind eye to it . Plus getting a towel to dry the ball and wasting time .
The guy taking the throw ons was taking them from the gaps in the snow that had been created for him, regardless of where the ball actually went off.

Back