• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimpereeee

First XI
We are due to play Luton away on Friday 15th December and this is scheduled to be shown live on Sky Sports.

The next round of the Carling Cup is due to be played the following Tuesday or Wednesday and we must be a banker for one of the live games.

It could be a seriously good run up to Christmas.

If we get drawn against Wycombe, at least it wont be all bad, as that will get shown on the box!

Does anyone know what kind of money we get for reaching the 1/4's?! I know the money is good in the FA Cup and im guessing its not as lucrative in comparision but does any site show the prize money?!

Kev

don't think we will be on sky in the cup.. doncaster weren't twice in a row..

I dont think Sky would show Wycombe vs Southend when there would be 3 all premiership ties.

They love the premiership big boys vs minnow games, but I doubt they would be looking at us if we were playing Wycombe, especially if we had been on the week before.

My guess is, we will only get on in the next round if it's Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs or Newcastle at home!

No way would they ever show Wycombe v Southend!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 09 2006,11:07)]If we get drawn against Wycombe, at least it wont be all bad, as that will get shown on the box!

Does anyone know what kind of money we get for reaching the 1/4's?! I know the money is good in the FA Cup and im guessing its not as lucrative in comparision but does any site show the prize money?!

Kev
I read the rules of the competition on the football league web site and there was no mention of the prize money. Strange, there usually is on the FA web site re the FA Cup.

On the basis that Sky show two games, that's a 50% chance of it being us!

As long as Wycombe don't get draw against us they are certs for one of the games. I can't see Sky not showing Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal playing each other. Spurs v Arsenal would be another Sky cert, as would Liverpool v Newcastle. Any other combination would probably see us picked.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 09 2006,11:08)]don't think we will be on sky in the cup.. doncaster weren't twice in a row..
Chesterfield were though. As were Man Utd.

OK HKB's draw predictions.

As we all know the cup draw is fixed and its the TV companies who get to choose who plays who.

Of the teams left in, I think Sky would choose a Chelsea v Liverpool final. North v South, to get both ends of the country interested, the best team v one of the biggest followed.

Their semis would be Arsenal v Chelsea (ensures a London team in it, Mourinho v Wenger) and Liverpool v Newcastle (two Northern clubs, plus think of all those classic games). Its not a distaster if either semi doesn't go to plan. Newcastle are desperate for silverware and Arsenal are a big London team as well.

To get to these semis I predict a draw like this:

Liverpool v Charlton - Charlton at home is one of the few games Liverpool ccould be expected to win, so as to enable them to sneak through
Newcastle v Spurs - Newcastle would need home advantage
Wycombe v Chelsea - give home advantage to Wycombe, the pick of the round
Southend v Arsenal - conquerors of Man U against the only other team they haven't played.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Nov. 09 2006,12:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 09 2006,11:07)]If we get drawn against Wycombe, at least it wont be all bad, as that will get shown on the box!

Kev
I read the rules of the competition on the football league web site and there was no mention of the prize money. Strange, there usually is on the FA web site re the FA Cup.
TY Londonblue. I had a quick scan but saw nought.

I know we got £100,000 for the game being on the box and was wondering hoe good the money is for getting through each round!

I found this:

Carling Cup:
Winners
£100,000
Runners up
£50,000
Losing Semi-Finalists
£25,000

So not a lot for each round, which is probably why the Premiership teams aren't too concerned by it...

All TV coverage is great for the club. Chelsea away or the Arsenal would be great, just can't help wanting Wycombe for the best chance of a semi-final place..Would swap it all to stay up though..

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]With no prize money on offer in the League Cup and with the substantial travelling expenses involved in each trip, we actually made no money whatsoever from the three ties and would have been far better off playing just one tie at home in front of our excellent home support.

That is a quote I found from Neil Doncaster, Norwich City Chief Executive.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 09 2006,13:17)]I found this:

Carling Cup:
Winners
£100,000
Runners up
£50,000
Losing Semi-Finalists
£25,000

So not a lot for each round, which is probably why the Premiership teams aren't too concerned by it...
Is that all? In the FA Cup a couple of years ago it went like this:-

Winners £2m
Finalists £1m
Semis £0.5m

Back