• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Snooker - Steve Davis WHAT A LEGEND

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
Top effort from one of snooker's all time greatest's!

Mark King 9 - 10 Steve Davis

Epic... Steve the almost emotionless at many a time throughout the game has earned a cheeky £16k by winning through to the second round of the World Championship of snooker to face reigning world champion John Higgins.

Have to say, brilliant, two chaps battling it out from Essex. Mark, seeded, Steve not. Mark King was dancing about to X gonna give it to ya when he was introduced which produced a wry smile amongst many a cringe in the still very well aged snooker audience. To be fair walking out at 6-5 up against the wild card he probably felt like he would get over the line in a game he hadn't been losing at any point.

Steve, the master tactician that he is though put Mark under superb pressure and I have to say it was great seeing players and fans alike standing on their feet giving the King of snooker a standing ovation upon entry and upon exit. Brilliant. Such a contract to his close pal John Parrott who retired from the game after his defeat in qualifying for the event.

I really hope Barry Hearn can use the game's big names to promote the game and introduce some exciting events in the aftermath of snooker's greatest competition.

So glad I witnessed that and at 52yrs of age he was the oldest bloke to win a game in the world championships! Lovely stuff.

Anyone else watch this epic?

Steve has always been my favourite rather than just liking him because he doesn't win anymore.
I was lucky enough to be in the Crucible for the King match, what drama and amazing how silence can create such an amazing atmosphere. Also it really is amazing how small the venue is, you really are on top of the players.
However I thought that would be it but what a win against Higgins, must be one of his biggest achievements. I am disappointed that Gould lost to Robertson though as I think he maybe a bit strong for Davis tomorrow. Anyone think Davis can win?

Steve has always been my favourite rather than just liking him because he doesn't win anymore.
I was lucky enough to be in the Crucible for the King match, what drama and amazing how silence can create such an amazing atmosphere. Also it really is amazing how small the venue is, you really are on top of the players.
However I thought that would be it but what a win against Higgins, must be one of his biggest achievements. I am disappointed that Gould lost to Robertson though as I think he maybe a bit strong for Davis tomorrow. Anyone think Davis can win?

Thought I might find you on this thread!

Back