• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So called "bigger" teams

SUFC in Sussex

I've found the arrogance of some of the supporters/managers of more fashionable clubs laughable.

- Ronnie Moore's comments ("we should be steamrollering teams like Southend")
- Swindon fans thinking they'll beat our "tinpot" club
- A Tranmere fan stating that they should be beating teams like us "5-0+"

I hope they continue because we'll keep proving them wrong.

I love this team
biggrin.gif

We made Tranmere look rubbish today, their defence was a shambles and they couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo (Rankin's miss from 2 yards must be one of the greatest misses I've ever witnessed
laugh.gif
). The same with Swindon and Oldham, outplayed both of them. All eatings their words now, along with the many pundits who predicted us for relegation.

I agree. I'm sure Scunthorpe, Yeovil and Swansea have had the same kind of comments aimed at them. Great to see us all proving them wrong and playing some very nice stuff in the process. I really think we could surprise people this year
wink.gif

I was impressed with Brian Little today. After Bruce tried to cut Cole in two Little shook his head before turning to Tilly and Brush and apologising. After telling them well played when shaking their hands at the final whistle, he then made a special point of staying behind and shaking Kev's hand as he came off. Good bloke.
smile.gif

I have to say I'm surprised at the start we've made - we made Tranmere, supposedly one of the best clubs in the division, look very ordinary indeed.
It's quite funny to hear Swindon's comments - they can call us a tinpot club but they only got 4,700 through their gates when they played us!

Still a bit worried about the defence switching off at half time, but hey, I'm sure we'll fix it.

May we continue to shove these unwelcome comments back down the throats of those issuing them!
wink.gif

I thought Tranmere were quality up front today! Greenacre and Facey are class!

Facey's goal was good but the defence really should have cut him out.
Greenacre did nothing special that I saw. I don't remeber Flahavan making any other saves but routine catches from weak shots....

Wouldnt say no to any of them though, would have to be 5 and 6 choice tho!
smile.gif

So the comment from the Tranmere fan - was he one of the heaving masses of support which packed out the North Bank then?

What with them being such a big club and everything?

rock.gif

Apparently he wasn't one of the 220 odd (
biggrin.gif
) Tranny fans that made the trip down but still felt he had to challenge the stature of our club.

I think there are a number of teams in the division that think promotion and 3 points against us is a divine right. I also think we'll be encountering more sour grapes over the course of the season as our "tinpot" club rolls over some of the League 1 Allstars.

I just think it's great that teams constantly underestimate us. They seem to think it will be easy to beat 'little' Southend. After all, we don't have a hope after 'luckily' getting through the playoffs. I think even teams like Swansea and Yeovil look down on us, they went up automatically of course. I felt that Oldham, Tranmere, Huddersfield and even Col Ewe turned up thinking it would be an easy game for us. Tranmere were non-existant first half. I agree also with what you are saying about the attendanes of these 'big-guns' who are 'destined for promotion' this year. 4 and a half thousand at Swindon, and the joke amount that turned up from Tranmere, they should take a good look at themselves.

At least Brian Little gave us credit for our win, he's a decent bloke. I wouldn't expect anything less of Alan Little's brother.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hambone @ Sep. 18 2005,12:28)] After all, we don't have a hope after 'luckily' getting through the playoffs.
They must've forgotten then that had we beaten Yeovil at home in April, instead of losing 1-0 in the last five minutes, we'd have been champions.

Very true. Even a draw would have got us promoted without having to go through the Playoffs i think!

Back