• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Csboy

Manager
I was at Roots hall for the Big screen playback. Just wondering how many we really had there apart from the official 1100 we were given? Even on the BBC Essex commentary they were saying there were blues fans singing and shouting in the home seats!
If you were in the home end with the muppets it must have een very hard controlling your emotions especially during the 1st half.

I listened via BW and all you could hear was the Southend fans - well done to everyone who went, you were in tremendous voice - bring on the trip to MK Dons!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ Mar. 04 2006,20:05)]I was at Roots hall for the Big screen playback. Just wondering how many we really had there apart from the official 1100 we were given?
So 600 or so of the fans that bought tickets in advance (according to reports from the club before the game) didn't bother turning up even though they paid 10 quid?

rock.gif

Didn't see any trouble or anyone celebrating other than where they should be.

There were no Southend in the home areas other than 4 or 5 in the family enclouser.
If there were any they did not make themselves known.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ Mar. 04 2006,19:37)]There were no Southend in the home areas other than 4 or 5 in the family enclouser.
well der

At the bottom of the match report on the official site, it says that there were 1,845, so it doesn't look as though the club are claiming 1,100 after all.

Probably should be 1045, bound to have been some no shows

[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ Mar. 04 2006,19:37)]There were no Southend in the home areas other than 4 or 5 in the family enclouser.
So because I didn't make myself known, I wasn't really there?

I'm glad you're not head of British counter-intelligence you no-mark.

It was very difficult when the 3 goals went in to surpress a "YES" but we (me and my two sons managed it very well). to be honnest as the game went on I ended up sympathising with the 'home' fans as every wayward pass was met with ever increasing groans. even my son appealed for a penalty for them late in the second half! I don't think anyone noticed me though (Yes was in family enclosure - great view there for all 3 goals)

MASSIVE credit to all those who went to Layer Road today - not only did we win the Battle of Essex on the pitch we definitely won it off it too - magnificent vocal support from start to finish.

It was also great to see the players reactions at the end, particularly that of Gutts and Sir Adam. It's so fantastic to see players who desperately want to do well for the club and its loyal supporters - in stark contrast to the sort who seemed to care more about their pay packets in the recent past (from Chipmunk to Wignall anyway).

I gather there was a h/t entertainment treat for those watching the beamback today?
wink.gif

more sufc fans than col u......well sounded like it anyway!!
laugh.gif

[b said:
I can assure you there were a good few in Terrace 4
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 04 2006,19:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ Mar. 04 2006,20:05)]I was at Roots hall for the Big screen playback. Just wondering how many we really had there apart from the official 1100 we were given?
So 600 or so of the fans that bought tickets in advance (according to reports from the club before the game) didn't bother turning up even though they paid 10 quid?

rock.gif
CSboy is referring to the number of fans who went to Col******r, not the attendance at the Big Screen.

Do keep up OS!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hockley_Blues @ Mar. 04 2006,22:05)]
[b said:
I can assure you there were a good few in Terrace 4  
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Mar. 05 2006,00:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 04 2006,19:32)]
[b said:

rock.gif
CSboy is referring to the number of fans who went to Col******r, not the attendance at the Big Screen.

Do keep up OS!

biggrin.gif
In all the excitement after the game I understood his post incorrectly. I hope the circumstances excuse my stupidity.

sad.gif

Back