• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So what you going to buy???

Xbox One or PS4

• Total voters
Was going to be Xbox One, but see its only 720p, whats that about?

Not a fan of the playstation and dont like the controllers so still undecided but still favouring Xbox One at moment.

Last edited:
Not going to buy one until January at the earliest. Will be sitting on the fence until I hear some reviews.

I will get a PS4 at some point but when it's vastly cheaper. There aren't many exclusives yet worth buying and my PC plays everything at 1440p

Like blues_r_best will wait till cheaper but I will buy an Xbox One. I really cannot live with a play station controller anymore the xbox has the best gaming controller out there.

I haven't played a game on my PS3 for over a year so I doubt I'll get either anytime soon. I'll stick to my gaming PC for now, the Steam christmas sale is coming up soon as well so imagine they'll be some bargains to be had.

I haven't played a game on my PS3 for over a year so I doubt I'll get either anytime soon. I'll stick to my gaming PC for now, the Steam christmas sale is coming up soon as well so imagine they'll be some bargains to be had.

I dont play much on console, but I do like to play GTA and Fifa on there. I might however look at hooking my PC up to the TV and using Xbox controllers. Will still be better gfx than the Xbox one and PS4.

Consoles are convenient though and my son does love Skylanders etc.

I dont play much on console, but I do like to play GTA and Fifa on there. I might however look at hooking my PC up to the TV and using Xbox controllers. Will still be better gfx than the Xbox one and PS4.

Consoles are convenient though and my son does love Skylanders etc.

Steam are bringing out a controller and also an OS/console.

the Steam christmas sale is coming up soon as well so imagine they'll be some bargains to be had.

The Autumn sale started today, prepare your wallet.

Nothing stand out for me today, hopefully Metro Last Light will come up for a decent price soon. Gotta put this GTX670 SLI PC to work on something more demanding than Portal 2 and the Monkey Island marathon I plan on starting soon (love ScummVM).

I will get a PS4 at some point but when it's vastly cheaper. There aren't many exclusives yet worth buying and my PC plays everything at 1440p

Like blues_r_best will wait till cheaper but I will buy an Xbox One. I really cannot live with a play station controller anymore the xbox has the best gaming controller out there.

Same as these chaps.

Steam are bringing out a controller and also an OS/console.

The Xbox controllers can be used with PC, Id be surprised if Steam are better.

As for sales, Steam is great for cheap games, but I also notice Origin are doing similar deals at the moment, although the range isnt as great.

Guy at work has bought 3 PS4's today at £350 a pop. 2 are going straight on ebay. They are going for 550+ at the moment. I wouldn't £500 for a console, far too much

Steam sale spend so far:

Half Life 2: Eps 1 and 2 (couple of quid each I think)
Metro Last light (£8ish)
Tomb Raider Collection (£8.99) - 80% off the new Tomb Raider is pretty sweet, add in every other Tomb Raider game ever released for an additional £3 is a bargain.

Bought Sleeping Dogs DLC
Binding of Issac - Wrath of the Lamb
and Antichamber

Spent just under £7

You should buy Papers, Please. Great game.

Back