• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So my pal seemed spot on with CRBE wanting full planning permission before finalising anything.
Thanks ron.
This only ends one way I'm afraid.
Where will AFC southend be playing home games?
Did CRBE not agree to this in principle though? Maybe they are just waiting for the DD to not mess anything up and have to agree to something else.

It doesn’t seem ideal for them, but what do they get if we go tits up?

So my pal seemed spot on with CRBE wanting full planning permission before finalising anything.
Thanks ron.
Full planning is probably many many months away. If the deal for the sale of the club is reliant on that, then we are finished.

I get it if you are talking about the sale of RH though.

Is there a point when the original plan is reverted back to?

The planning for that is already in place. We could move to Fossetts and forego all this.

I'm not suggesting that will happen but it is still a remote possibility.

Ron Martin has literally brought our club to its knees. It's a joke how after all the damage he has done that he still holds all of the cards.

We are all so sick of it.

I don't think it would be the worst idea to arrange a protest at the council and start applying pressure.

Out of interest what is CRBE? Been trying to work it out.

Thanks ron.
Yes but that’s why the consortium are initially leasing RH until that planning approval and the then signing over of the stadium. What they (SBC and consortium) are looking for is CRBE to agree the schedule of payments to the club as and when FF is built. And how the charge on RH is removed/transferred. This is absolutely reasonable to expect even if there is some conditionality.

I have two queries any help appreciated 🤣
Anyone know if CRBE will transfer charges on RH after DD complete.
Or will they hang on for full planning permission.
I would imagine they cant do much with them unless they put them against the FF land as there are no assets there yet.

Once the final part of DD has been completed, I'm told the two weeks of council processes that will follow relate to external audit review/ sign off.
The problem is we are being told 2 weeks for the second part but no clarity/commitment as to the first part (DD) where there appears little sense of urgency.

I think we now have serious concerns with the consortium falling apart and cracks at best!!
If members do leave, is that their initial investment in smoke or could they hold Ron /SUFC accountable for anything?

That Kidderminster feeling was short and sweet but seems a lifetime ago!!!

End of the day, what has Martin delivered do we expect anything different now!

I have two queries any help appreciated 🤣
Anyone know if CRBE will transfer charges on RH after DD complete.
Or will they hang on for full planning permission.
CBRE will not transfer charges until there is something of value to transfer them to, i.e. Fossetts Farm with new planning permission.

I'm not exaggerating at all when I tell you, this COULD continue to go on like this well into next year.

The amount still needed to happen is huge! So many balls are in play right now and many more things could go wrong.

Yes! My my (borderline boring by now) pessimism will eventually come undone, but we are in for a repeat of last summer at this rate
Good news - This definitely won’t be going on well into next year.

Bad news - Because we will have gone bust if it doesn’t happen in the next few months.

Back