• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ron said on BBC Essex he is splitting the costs and if it falls through he owes the consortium half of everything outlaid. Not sure he quantified what happens if the deal were to go through. Probably as he thought that unlikely given his forthcoming antics.

RM hasn’t put a penny into this Club for months, closer to a year in fact.

This is the mentality that's not helping anyone
The seige mentality hasn't worked either as you can see we are no closer really than before the club was up for sale. As I said all along Ron will do what Ron wants because he has all the cards/land. I can't believe we are at silly season where people have an urge to pointlessly stand outside an old man's house when we do not hold 100% of the facts!

So if he owes 45mill which is the figure quoted and also had a bonus of 5 mill given to him by Sainsburys when they pulled out where has all the money gone. We hear the club owes him 25 mill, mostly back rent and he stated he has put that back in over his tenour in loans, so where has the other 25 mill gone?

I have said for many years it is the club that funds the rat and not the other was round. He has hocked everything we ever owned to run his life for these past 20 odd years, seemly for millions. You can guarantee a few mill found it's way to Mezcal.

And who in the right mind lends him such amounts with his track record, they want their heads testing.

Last edited:
The seige mentality hasn't worked either as you can see we are no closer really than before the club was up for sale. As I said all along Ron will do what Ron wants because he has all the cards/land. I can't believe we are at silly season where people have an urge to pointlessly stand outside an old man's house when we do not hold 100% of the facts!
And fyi. The last protest made national news and shone light on our issues... If you think that didn't do something you're smoking something

And fyi. The last protest made national news and shone light on our issues... If you think that didn't do something you're smoking something
Has the club sale been completed? Or is it on the brink of collapse? I don't smoke which is why I can keep my head clear and in the real world. Enjoy you fruitless task but you and ya man who called me, and 90% of the fan base who didn't protest, gutless and spineless, quite simply can kiss my grits!

Has the club sale been completed? Or is it on the brink of collapse? I don't smoke which is why I can keep my head clear and in the real world. Enjoy you fruitless task but you and ya man who called me, and 90% of the fan base who didn't protest, gutless and spineless, quite simply can kiss my grits!
Thank you for the kind offer to our fellow Zoner.. Flo Castleberry.

It literally is on the verge of collapse.. you lack awareness

Enough is enough Either the council are going to agree a deal that suits them and all concerned by the end of the month At this present time the 20 million is meaning less because no deal means no club That's about it in a nut shell Tom is now a part of the consortium Maybe he can shed some light as to what the he'll is going on .
You
Keep saying **** like this

Has anyone seen the article in the Yellow Advertiser this week regarding Councillor Cox? And him refusing to give up his leadership as it will put the club in jeopardy .

It seems to me that there is not a collective focus on the problem.

Why has no one got Action Fraud involved in Ron Martin's affairs?

This one?

Or this one....

H

He said he was losing £100k a month from memory. So no idea where this £3.5m figure is coming from to be honest. Maybe old debts or they’ve been even more silly, I have no idea.
I don't know what the figure was but they paid off HMRC as well as the football related debts which took us out of the embargo so that, as well as the monthly costs, must be a tidy sum.

Back