• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what happen to the goverment needing councils to build affordable housing .Seema the labour part of the council couldnt give a dam about amy thing .That doesnt suit them .There like kids in the school playground . Let them prove me wrong .
I'm not quite sure where you get some of your information tommy, but your latest post is wrong on just about every count. The Council (all of it) has already had conversations on affordable housing with Ron and his financiers, and it has nothing to do with the Labour part of the Council only. Your post is also bordering on political for political sake, so please don't go there, thanks.

Have they got some inside info regarding settlement?
I have a feeling that they've known all along.
Conspiracy theory in me says that they came out of the woodwork with this WUP at a very convenient time for their ex? client in the process when he needed to apply time pressure...

I have a feeling that they've known all along.
Conspiracy theory in me says that they came out of the woodwork with this WUP at a very convenient time for their ex? client in the process when he needed to apply time pressure...
Exactly what I have been thinking but if it gets things done ...............

Last edited:
I do wonder if the six weeks is worst case scenario here because nobody involved wants another adjournment...

I would like a statement from RM and/or consortium and/or council as to whether the completion will take place within that 6 week timeframe. None of this best intention, or we aim to, or its reasonable to expect rubbish - no, just a will it or wont it.

If not, the can is being kicked further down this already very long road.
lol

So what happen to the goverment needing councils to build affordable housing .Seema the labour part of the council couldnt give a dam about amy thing .That doesnt suit them .There like kids in the school playground . Let them prove me wrong .
Council decisions should not be based on one's political persuasions. Looking after matters of finance should be done by professionals not by 2 bob wannabe politicians. Southend Council like most others up and down the country could not run a bath.

Tinker, maybe, but if planning permission for a sepcific project is in place then they won't be able to do much.

Ron has 2 options: get a decent planning application passed for someone to take on as a worthwhile project or build it himself.

Given his track record, which do you think is more likely?

The best option for us is if Ron sells it on immediately. If COSU want their £20m then the last thing they need is Ron or Jack playing at Bob the Builder......Just think of the court cases and delays that would produce.

If Ron has had his profit then surely we get our £20m ASAP.....By that I mean a Ron ASAP, so just a few court cases before its settled.

Just for the record I would totally expect project like that to have amendments after PP has been granted. Could even come from a change of national or local government. More units per square acre, parking, local access etc.

What COSU don't want is a change of Building projects funding local infrastructure. All the local politicians are making the right noises at the moment because saving SUFC is in vogue. Wait till they are struggling financially in 3 years time. A slice of our £20m will be too tempting for some of those two faces weasels.

Yes the concortium need the 20 millon to help the roots hall project .At some point i read that money all though wanted .Things can progress without it .mr Martin do the right thing for once .Let the money men take over .So the club can move forwards .Which is never going to happen with your selfish attetude You changed contrcts in december its now to to do the right thing band go . Then you alone can fight with the council rather than hold the club to ransome . For your own gain only .

If Ron has had his profit then surely we get our £20m ASAP.....By that I mean a Ron ASAP, so just a few court cases before its settled.
Lol, profit. Even if this development gets the green light, paying £20m to an unrelated football club is not going to be a priority for the money men behind it. SUFC will get the cash in installments (if at all)

Just for the record I would totally expect project like that to have amendments after PP has been granted. Could even come from a change of national or local government. More units per square acre, parking, local access etc.

What COSU don't want is a change of Building projects funding local infrastructure. All the local politicians are making the right noises at the moment because saving SUFC is in vogue. Wait till they are struggling financially in 3 years time. A slice of our £20m will be too tempting for some of those two faces weasels.
I may be wrong but I would be very surprised if things can be called in retroactively. It would require a GE, change of gov and planning legislation to pass through parliament all before Ron and Jack sort themselves out.

Actually maybe it is quite likely then...

Lol, profit. Even if this development gets the green light, paying £20m to an unrelated football club is not going to be a priority for the money men behind it. SUFC will get the cash in installments (if at all)

I may be wrong but I would be very surprised if things can be called in retroactively. It would require a GE, change of gov and planning legislation to pass through parliament all before Ron and Jack sort themselves out.

I was going to say, it sounds like a roaring certainty to me. And not one, not two but possibly three General Elections.

They don't have to be called in. They just need change of rules. Even if your a self builder building your own single house then new regulations can be added, Fire safety etc, before you have finished the project. Even though your plans were fine at the time you started. You wont getting a completion cert if X or Y is not also in place.

Your last paragraph sums up exactly why we don't want to be relying on a 10 year project involving anything Ron.

Given what seems Ron’s decades long record of never meeting one his own deadlines it’s difficult to be too optimistic and it must be wearying for the management to once again face a summer of selling jam tomorrow to recruitment targets. Does this mean season tickets will not go on sale until end of June beginning of July ? Would anyone buy one with a WUP outstanding ?

Given what seems Ron’s decades long record of never meeting one his own deadlines it’s difficult to be too optimistic and it must be wearying for the management to once again face a summer of selling jam tomorrow to recruitment targets. Does this mean season tickets will not go on sale until end of June beginning of July ? Would anyone buy one with a WUP outstanding ?
...and why would any new player join the club with a WUP outstanding ?

...and why would any new player join the club with a WUP outstanding ?
Why did anyone join our club in the last 12 months?

Anyone joining this summer will be in much safer place than year ago. According to some on here we wont have club. So if players do sign then COSU will have taken over.

Its all or nothing.

Why did anyone join our club in the last 12 months?

Anyone joining this summer will be in much safer place than year ago. According to some on here we wont have club. So if players do sign then COSU will have taken over.

Its all or nothing.

why has anyone joined our club over the past 20 odd years?
We’re always in the news for financial problems and yet we still attract permanent & loan signings

why has anyone joined our club over the past 20 odd years?
We’re always in the news for financial problems and yet we still attract permanent & loan signings
Makes you wonder if we've had to pay a mark-up to get those players as they were taking a risk. How much would we have saved if we were a sustainable club?

Makes you wonder if we've had to pay a mark-up to get those players as they were taking a risk. How much would we have saved if we were a sustainable club?
doesn't bear thinking about does it?

Hopefully the COSU will sort all this out and those days will be long gone and just a distant memory.

One day we'll all be sitting in the Railway beer garden having a beer looking back & laughing at how inept Ronny was.........

Back