• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im beleve this hole thing is getting stupid . Ron wants to sell up but either cant or wont untill he gets his own way .The council wont 30% homes for rent .Ron only wants to let them have 15% .Someone has got to budge one way or other .Or the only losers will be our club .
....and us !

Im beleve this hole thing is getting stupid . Ron wants to sell up but either cant or wont untill he gets his own way .The council wont 30% homes for rent .Ron only wants to let them have 15% .Someone has got to budge one way or other .Or the only losers will be our club .
I'm not sure this is correct. These seem to be the affordable housing figures, and the meetings this week suggest the council is prepared to suck it up and lose a number of affordable units.

The council is no longer tied into the same housing targets that it was a few years ago. This could change with a new government of course. Either way, it is a planning issue and not relevant at the current point, which is all about the legal and financial mechanisms behind the principle of moving those homes from Roots Hall over to Fossetts Farm.

James (Medway Blue) has already explained that this will be enough for Ron to sign the club over and the training ground, but this is all subject to no red flags emerging in the DD over the next fortnight.

The deal for Roots Hall itself IS tied into planning permission for the new homes on Fossetts, which is the thing to be more nervous about IMO.

I'm not sure this is correct. These seem to be the affordable housing figures, and the meetings this week suggest the council is prepared to suck it up and lose a number of affordable units.

The council is no longer tied into the same housing targets that it was a few years ago. This could change with a new government of course. Either way, it is a planning issue and not relevant at the current point, which is all about the legal and financial mechanisms behind the principle of moving those homes from Roots Hall over to Fossetts Farm.

James (Medway Blue) has already explained that this will be enough for Ron to sign the club over and the training ground, but this is all subject to no red flags emerging in the DD over the next fortnight.
Rearrange these words into a sensible order!

breath waste don't your.

I wonder if anyone from the consortium will make a short update statement regarding Monday council meeting, just hope we’re not going back to Ron Martins sounds of silence days . We just need to know is everything going to plan

control the controllables people. Have a few weeks off the stress, enjoy the end of the season and see if another call to action is necessary as May plays out.
Good shout. Going to the non-league finals day next week. £30 in the neutral section (club wembley too) for two games. Fantastic value.

Good shout. Going to the non-league finals day next week. £30 in the neutral section (club wembley too) for two games. Fantastic value.
That's insane value. Nice private concourse in club, not exactly going to be sold out but nice to have nonetheless!!

Enjoy, hopefully Wakering can bring a trophy back to south east Essex

EDIT BY SHRIMPERGONZO:

...and there's a whole shiny new thread to discuss the seating, tickets and travel plans here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if anyone from the consortium will make a short update statement regarding Monday council meeting, just hope we’re not going back to Ron Martins sounds of silence days . We just need to know is everything going to plan
Although it would be nice to get an update, I think effectively things are completely out of the hands of the consortium at the moment. This is a transaction between the Council and the Rat family and their twisted web of companies and various partners and funders.

I'm sure Justin is in regular contact with King Rat for updates but he can only go on what he is told (which if I were him I'd be taking with a pinch of salt!) so there is, I would have thought, no chance he'll go public with anything until something is signed, sealed and delivered.

Things are clearly progressing with now just financial DD and audit outstanding, and the ability for a quick delegated decision in place.
We have the best possible owners in line regarding the long term future of the club, and a deal that keeps us at RH and ultimately provides £20m for stadium improvements- staying at RH at one time looked an impossible dream and without the £20m would be very challenging. This is a great deal for the club.

I can’t imagine we will hear anything now until just before the adjourned hearing- so we have no choice but to keep everything crossed and be patient- even if the latter quality is understandably running very thin….

Last edited:
Why does so mane beleve that the deal will go through I cant beleve 27.4% say the deal wont go ahead . Can i guess these poepole that have voted that way are not true blues fans .

Why does so mane beleve that the deal will go through I cant beleve 27.4% say the deal wont go ahead . Can i guess these poepole that have voted that way are not true blues fans .
I think it will go ahead. But if I didn’t that would be because I didn’t think it would go ahead, nothing to do with whether I supported the club. If I didn’t want it to go ahead… then yes

Can anyone explain why they can't start building on B&L? Surely this can be a stand alone development as the players don't train there.

Can anyone explain why they can't start building on B&L? Surely this can be a stand alone development as the players don't train there.
They can't meet the conditions of the current planning permission which says, amongst other conditions, that any houses can't be occupied until a new stadium is ready

Not true. Just because I am uncertain it will go through does not mean I do not want it to. Please remove the bold font!

With the local elections coming in may .Will this slow down the prosses of the council or will it stay on track for the takeovr . And the sale of roothall by the rat .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back