• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Soccer Aid

pickledseal

cowboy
I recon we could sign up Essex-boy Oli Muers for next season!

Loved Woody scoring the winning penalty especially after him playing with random groups of kids in Battersea park for practice.

Quite entertaining

Great entertainment.

Grade A **** but Olly Murs didn't look a bad player.

Did ol' Zizi know what he signed up for though? Miserable git... and got skinned by Ben Shepherd (who could also make our starting 11 next year!)

With some proper coaching, and if he was to improve his fitness levels, Olly Murs wouldn't be half bad tbh. Possibly punching above his weight at Football League level, though

We are actually looking at a singer to play for us in the league ! haha! Brilliant!
I think he actually played semi pro once though.
He did actually look quite good. But I still have to laugh at this thread.
HAAAA!

"Sorry Gaffer, I can't play Saturday I'm singing at a birthday party. £50 and I'm definitely getting paid for a change"

Actually turns out Olly had 3 seasons in the Rymans league , and only stopped due to long term injury (he took up singing after he retired from footy).

I do wonder how much the pro's eased off in some parts , as when Figo and Zidande , then played along side Larson they could have walked parts of it.
Though Zidanes nut's against Damian Lewis was funny.

Ollie played a few seasons for Witham Town.

On another note, As Mildy is off, maybe we should tap up Jamie Theakston as a replacement?!....

Anyone thinking a celeb in this match could do a job for us just needs to remember Dean Holness was probably better than those on show.

However, it was actually quite entertaining a match, especially for one of these kind of things. WAs impressed with both celeb goalies, as it is usually the keepers who are most greatly exposed.

Funniest moment was the asian guy from Heroes 'throwing' in a corner.

Most annoying moment was Jonathon 'being Robbie's mate is my job' Wilkes kissing the England badge seemingly without irony when he scored his penalty.

Was glad R.O.W won so to deprive the Smug Williams, Wilkes and Murs the victory.

I'm not sure if my comment has been taken seriously not, I put it in the pub, and it was very much in jest...

Anyone thinking a celeb in this match could do a job for us just needs to remember Dean Holness was probably better than those on show.

However, it was actually quite entertaining a match, especially for one of these kind of things. WAs impressed with both celeb goalies, as it is usually the keepers who are most greatly exposed.

Funniest moment was the asian guy from Heroes 'throwing' in a corner.

Most annoying moment was Jonathon 'being Robbie's mate is my job' Wilkes kissing the England badge seemingly without irony when he scored his penalty.

Was glad R.O.W won so to deprive the Smug Williams, Wilkes and Murs the victory.

That was so funny! I so badly wanted him to score a penalty aswell.

everyone is raving about Murs, but i thought Damien Lewis was a better player.

Loved the moment when Ralph Little crunched Gorden Ramsey. Ben Shephards sliding tackle in the area to deprive Figo a shot was very good also.

As much as i thought Theakston made some great saves, he can only dive right!

Last edited:
everyone is raving about Murs, but i thought Damien Lewis was a better player.

Loved the moment when Ralph Little crunched Gorden Ramsey. Ben Shephards sliding tackle in the area to deprive Figo a shot was very good also.

As much as i thought Theakston made some great saves, he can only dive right!

Damien Lewis was brilliant. Chipped Lehmann, but hit the bar and then got nutted by Zidane, can't get better than that in a game.

Back