• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Social media, mental health and me - our take on the national boycott

The human personality is complex, and, I would suggest that we all have the capacity to be unpleasant. With some it may be a lapse while with others it may be a more common occurrence. Social media can bring out the worst in people as it easy to write and send a message which later might be thought to be ill considered. The author of such a post may regret sending it but if it has been read by others its effect cannot be undone.
It would be nice to think that we could, by means of a boycott or some other means, ensure that people are pleasant to each other. Reality suggests that this is impossible, and, I fear it is something we can are going to have to learn to live with.
Having said that I also think we all have a duty to call someone out if we believe they have sent a post or message which is clearly malicious or over the top.

Back