• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Social power.

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
After my taboo thread I wil attempt to redem myself with something more intelligent and meaningful.

________

What attributes do you believe defines a citizens social power.

Things such as:-

-Wealth
-Job status
-Intelligence
-Physical power

etc etc.

Discuss.

After my taboo thread I wil attempt to redem myself with something more intelligent and meaningful.

________

What attributes do you believe defines a citizens social power.

Things such as:-

-Wealth
-Job status
-Intelligence
-Physical power

etc etc.

Discuss.

The first one. End of. Not saying I agree, or that I like it (I blew all my money on wine, women and amateur dramatics, otherwise I would like it), but I think every level of society is defined by wealth above anything else.

In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Personally wealth has never been a motivating factor for me, so long as I have enough to pay the bills and for a few luxuries (booze, football etc) then I'm good.

I'd hate to think that 'social power' is determined by this. I'd much rather be remembered as somebody who was friendly, courteous and a good bloke than being that rich bloke who's an arrogant **** (as they all seem to be!)

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of ****in' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****in' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

Owning one fifth of a football fan's website. I get treated like a deity here in Uxbridge and it's all thanks to the Zone.

Back