• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Solihull Moors v Southend United, Tuesday 26th March, 19:45 ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 45 80.4%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 40 71.4%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 43 76.8%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 45 80.4%
  • Danny Waldron

Votes: 38 67.9%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Marcus Dackers

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • James Morton

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Deon Woodman

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • David Martin

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 22 39.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
So thanks to their progression in the FA Trophy, we’re hitting the road to Solihull Moors sooner than anticipated with the National League setting the date before Easter rather than after meaning this is the second of four games in ten days.

The Moors are going rather well again this season under manager Andy Whing, and currently sit in 4th place in the league with six games to go. They’re in decent form as well with their only defeat in the last ten games coming at home to Phil Brown’s Kidderminster at the end of February.

IMG_7047.jpeg

They’re likely to have a couple of very familiar faces in their squad with goalkeeper Nick Hayes, who helped us out between the sticks earlier this season, now on loan there from Ipswich. They also have Jon Benton in their midfield, a player that many of us would have liked to have hung onto instead of letting go to Aveley.

With so many games coming in such a short period, Kev is sure to rotate the squad now that he has more players available to him. The game on Saturday, which even he seemed to admit was poor, gives him the perfect excuse to do so.

One would imagine that Gussy will come straight back in and perhaps it’s also time for Adam Crowther to have a rest with Harry Taylor returning from injury. James Morton was not involved at all on Saturday, neither were Henry Sandat or Deon Woodman and one would expect they’ll make the match day squad at least.

We have the best defence in the league, conceding only 39 goals in our 40 games (16 fewer than champions Chesterfield have in their 41 games so far). It’s going forward that the three amigos are yet to find a winning formula - of the top 14 clubs only Halifax have scored less goals than us.

So who would you choose to start in the West Midlands on Tuesday evening, and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
Solihull will be fighting to stay in the play off places, whereas we seem to have lost the means to score. I think our unbeaten run will end and go for a 2-0 defeat.

Time to ring the changes I reckon. With Ebbsfleet, Boreham Wood and Wealdstone as our next games this one at Solihull looks to be a free hit for us. Neither Wood nor Coker showed much on Saturday but I would start them both along with Dackers. Give youth its head.

Yes. Bonkers, but interesting....

I'll shell out my £9.50 again and hope to see something a little less enervating tomorrow evening. COYB!

£9.50 to watch paint dry is hardly value for money, coupled with poor picture quality and constant buffering. Not a computer or tablet related problem as I also subscribe to Viaplay which offers all Premiership matches and a selection of EFL games without ever any quality issues, all for the princely sum of €9.99 monthly. National League TV is a sick joke by comparison. The quality of football is not their fault of course, but the amateurish presentation and poor and late response to queries is a big downside. Unfortunately, they have a captive audience and no doubt us mugs will go on subscribing regardless.

Collin

GSM - Ollie K - Harry T - Ralph

Wood - Miley - Morton - Bridge

Cardwell - Waldron

4-4-2

GSM working with Wood on the right, Ralph and Bridge combining on the left.

Miley and Morton pulling strings in the middle.

It’ll never happen 😩

Chapeau to all those making the trip.
I guess it has to be car, coach or exiles bearing in mind the return journey.
Maybe, just maybe, the lack of a big crowd and resulting pressure will play into our hands.
Either way, poor from the NL to give us next to nought planning time.

Something seemed to be distracting Crowther on Saturday from the very first moments when he dribbled the ball out to the East Stand so I would give Taylor a go. I think we can pull their defence around if we play Sandat to make some space for Waldron.

I suspect this will be it. With just 5 goals in 6 games I would prefer a bit more ambition- or even try the 442 (in which case I wouldn’t have 2 left footers and go Miley or Cav with Coker or Husin.

But I suspect you have it right in which case we win 1-0 or draw 0-0 or 1-1. I rule a 1-0 defeat out on the basis it would make me unhappy…

My excuse is that I'm not very well. I still think the tactic could have been a winner, after all, would you put money on an NL referee spotting it?
I have never seen a linesman get two such obvious throw in decisions wrong like on Saturday, not because of incompetence, we have seen that before, but more being absent minded and forgetting which arm pointed in which way. We were a bit far away in the South but it almost looked like he got his hands confused and only realised when Cav said ‘really?!’. I loved the afront of the Woking player who wanted to argue about not going off after the injury unless the referee said ‘please’. We deserve some calls for us on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back