• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues Trader

First XI
Change the verses of this well known Yorkshire song. I've done the first verse. Ilkley Moor

Where did you get sent down to League one, to League one
at Roots Hall bar t'at
Where did you go down to League one
Where did you go down to League one

At Roots Hall bar t'at(where's that?)
At Roots Hall bar t'at (where's that?)
At Roots HAll bar t'at (where the Mighty Shrimpers play football!)

Thou've been-a-courting Mary-Jane, Mary-Jane
On Ilkley Moor bar t'at
Thou've been-a-courting Mary-Jane, Mary-Jane
Thou've been-a-courting Mary-Jane without thy trousers on

On Ilkley Moor...

Thoust going to catch thy death of cold, death of cold
On Ilkley Moor bar t'at
Thoust going to catch thy death of cold, death of cold
Thoust going to catch thy death of cold without thy trousers on

On Ilkley Moor...

Then we shall have to bury thee, bury thee
On Ilkley Moor bar t'at
Then we shall have to bury thee, bury thee
Then we shall have to bury thee without thy trousers on

On Ilkley Moor...

Then t'worms shall come and eat thee up, eat thee up
On Ilkley Moor bar t'at
Then t'worms shall come and eat thee up, eat thee up
Then t'worms shall come and eat thee up without thy trousers on

On Ilkley Moor...

Then ducks shall come and eat up t'worms, eat up t'worms
On Ilkley Moor bar t'at
then ducks shall come and eat up t'worms, eat up t'worms
Then ducks shall come and eat up t'worms without thy trousers on

On Ilkley Moor...

Then we shall come and eat up ducks, eat up ducks
On Ilkley Moor bar t'at
Then we shall come and eat up ducks, eat up ducks
Then we shall come and eat up ducks without thy trousers on

On Ilkley Moor...

Then we shall all have eaten thee, eaten thee
On Ilkley Moor bar t'at
Then we shall all have eaten thee, eaten thee
Then we shall all have eaten thee without thy trousers on

On Ilkley Moor...

There is a moral to this tale, to this tale
On Ilkley Moor bar t'at
There is a moral to this tale, to this tale
There is a moral to this tale (where the ducks flew backwards!)
Don't go without your hat, don't go without your hat to Ilkley Moor bar t'at.

Again, you're going down again...

Marching down together, you're gonna see Leeds lose!

You're not famous anymore (don't slag me off, they deserve it)

Hey , Dutchy , some guys on here think your not Dutch at all , but a Leeds fan who is going in with the home supporters .

Do me a favour and do me a quick translation into Dutch of your last message , and then we can relax and welcome you like a brother in arms !

BT , are those the real words of the song ? - used to be a favourite with a few guys in the SSU - but I never knew all the lyrics before .

If they are true I am having trouble working out why the moral surrounds a lack of hat when it was his lack of trousers that got him into trouble . Unless there is a hidden meaning .....

Again, you're going down again...

Marching down together, you're gonna see Leeds lose!

You're not famous anymore (don't slag me off, they deserve it)

Opnieuw, jullie gaan opniew omlaag!

Samen gaan we naar beneden, wij gaan Leeds zien verliezen!

Jullie zijn niet meer bekend!

It's ridicilous that I've to prove myself. I know a CoventryShrimper from this board. If you still don't believe me you could send him a message. The Leeds game will be my 2nd at the Hall, my first game was last years match against Bristol City. Me and 2 other lads drove all the way from Holland to Southend to see that game. As we had a spare ticket I sold it to the Shrimper from Coventry, FOR FACE VALUE...

See you on Saturday.. I'm in the West Stand, X Block.. Will pop in a pub before the game as well..

It's ridicilous that I've to prove myself. I know a CoventryShrimper from this board. If you still don't believe me you could send him a message. The Leeds game will be my 2nd at the Hall, my first game was last years match against Bristol City. Me and 2 other lads drove all the way from Holland to Southend to see that game. As we had a spare ticket I sold it to the Shrimper from Coventry, FOR FACE VALUE...

See you on Saturday.. I'm in the West Stand, X Block..

Vaar voone je en Nederlands? I hope this is correct!

She was originally from Egmond an Zee, but was a student living in Amsterdam. we had a happy year in Essex. She came over and brought her Icelandic Horse with her!

where did she get the horse from ?

They're bred all over Europe now. They're very popular in Scotland and parts of the West Country. They are the old Viking pony , very fast with five gaits instead of four. Sting had a couple and featured them on the front of one of his albums - can't remember which one now. Trouble was she loved that horse more than me!:)

See you on Saturday.. I'm in the West Stand, X Block.. Will pop in a pub before the game as well..

So , Leeds zijn niet meer bekend , maar Southend altijd bekend bent ?

Ik kan ook een heel kleine betje nederlands sprek , minheer.

hartelijk wilkommen in Southend !!!

Feel free to correct me

They're bred all over Europe now. They're very popular in Scotland and parts of the West Country. They are the old Viking pony , very fast with five gaits instead of four. Sting had a couple and featured them on the front of one of his albums - can't remember which one now. Trouble was she loved that horse more than me!:)

No **** , and I thought the best thing to come out of Iceland was Bjork !!!

So , Leeds zijn niet meer bekend , maar Southend altijd bekend bent ?

Ik kan ook een heel kleine betje nederlands sprek , minheer.

hartelijk wilkommen in Southend !!!

Feel free to correct me

Lol, Where shall I begin?! ;)

Anyway, it's understable... Wilkommen = German, but apart from that you did quite well.

Lol, Where shall I begin?! ;)

Anyway, it's understable... Wilkommen = German, but apart from that you did quite well.

yeah , thought that bit was wrong , but at least you're quite close to the border .

Bedankt

yeah , thought that bit was wrong , but at least you're quite close to the border .

Bedankt

I like a bit of banter and singing, that's why I will sit in Block X. If I were a Leeds fan I wouldn't want to sit with the 'harder boys' of the home team. And why should I post messages on here where I will sit if I were a Leeds fan?

Quite right . Someone thought in a another thread last night that you might have been a Leeds fan looking for trouble with our 'boys' and trying to find out where they sit as Leeds have never played at Southend before .

So, hoe lange tijd , zul je in Southend be ?

Quite right . Someone thought in a another thread last night that you might have been a Leeds fan looking for trouble with our 'boys' and trying to find out where they sit as Leeds have never played at Southend before .

So, hoe lange tijd , zul je in Southend be ?

A mate and I will fly from Germany to London Stansted on Saturday morning and we will fly back on Sunday morning at 8. RyanAir is cheap as frites these days. A return was about 30 quid each person.

Back