• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend SOS statement re. current matters

A good summary of where we are at, but I fear we are now at 'a bridge too far' stage. In hindsight we needed direct action against this man a decade or more ago. His complete control over everything, is impossible to resist. I choose now to stay away from Roots Hall as my own mental well being is more important. That this is now coming to a head is probably good for all of us in the long run. UTB

We need to make this count because this will die down if we don’t and then we will be back to square one I believe we don’t need Ron he says we go bust without him I don’t believe that I want our club back

A good summary of where we are at, but I fear we are now at 'a bridge too far' stage. In hindsight we needed direct action against this man a decade or more ago. His complete control over everything, is impossible to resist. I choose now to stay away from Roots Hall as my own mental well being is more important. That this is now coming to a head is probably good for all of us in the long run. UTB
I don't think anybody would deny that the fanbase has been pretty apathetic over the years, and taken in by the BS that Martin spews. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, though. It's in the past and at least some action is being taken now. I completely understand you wanting to stay away though, it's not great for anybody mental health at the moment!

We need to make this count because this will die down if we don’t and then we will be back to square one I believe we don’t need Ron he says we go bust without him I don’t believe that I want our club back
This is a really important point. The momentum and pressure must not be allowed to tail off.

Stay strong buddy. We're always here if you ever need a chat !

A good statement and summary of the situation. Now is the time to turn the pressure up on our Chaiman and maintain it irrespective of our results over the next few games or we will just drift from one crisis to another.
I think we are all more than aware that it's going to be extremely difficult to shift our owner but I for one do believe in "fan power" and we do have an incredibly loyal fan base we just need orchestrationing........

Didn’t we have all of this with SOS at the end of last season, then other parties joined in with the “protest”, and then subsequently distanced themselves as the “protest” didn’t turn out as planned?

They then seemed to disappear about the same time as Collymore pulled out.

I can’t help but feel, if we were in the play offs looking pretty, much of this noise around RM wouldn’t be as loud. Ultimately, the thing that affects the fans most is the 90 plus minutes on the pitch. RM is no different now to, say, 5 years ago.

I’m not defending him in the slightest, and this last 3/4 years have been nothing but an absolute disgrace. We have been served up drivel on the pitch. I ignore the off the field things, like the stadium, and will until I see diggers and spades. What cheers me up with the Club is picking up 3 points, and I genuinely don’t know when I last saw us do that. It would have been towards the end of 2019.

A good statement and summary of the situation. Now is the time to turn the pressure up on our Chaiman and maintain it irrespective of our results over the next few games or we will just drift from one crisis to another.
I think we are all more than aware that it's going to be extremely difficult to shift our owner but I for one do believe in "fan power" and we do have an incredibly loyal fan base we just need orchestrationing........
I think "irrespective of our results" is the key point. Even if we were in the play off places, the future of our club is still on a knife edge. Enough is enough !

Back