• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

borientater

Coach
Why no south upper for this game ? was just informed by ticket office that its not opening and only east and west will be open but sth in these stands can have thier usual seats , which means sth from south can only have whatever left .
Dont seem very fair to me ,surely ALL sth should get thier own seats or none at all and make it first come first served .

Why no south upper for this game ? was just informed by ticket office that its not opening and only east and west will be open but sth in these stands can have thier usual seats , which means sth from south can only have whatever left .
Dont seem very fair to me ,surely ALL sth should get thier own seats or none at all and make it first come first served .
I asked this last night about STH getting their seats & south STH getting whats left, but they dont give a toss.

Unless your east / west STH you are second class to them. If they had applied that to all cup games then you know where you stand, still not right, but they make it up as they go along. From the OS:-

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/011212-bury-replay-tickets-520664.aspx

That was Saturday, no mention of STH in those stands getting their seats & at the bottom on sale now.

Then yesterday:-

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/041212-ticket-update-525355.aspx

So if you brought your ticket between Saturday & last night you chose where to sit & a STH going along today finds out his reserved seat is sold?

They are a shambles

No longer will I buy programmes, use the concessions, club shop, raffle tickets. If the club think better of some STH than others then they wont be getting more of my money other than what I have to part with.

I asked this last night about STH getting their seats & south STH getting whats left, but they dont give a toss.

Unless your east / west STH you are second class to them. If they had applied that to all cup games then you know where you stand, still not right, but they make it up as they go along. From the OS:-

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/011212-bury-replay-tickets-520664.aspx

That was Saturday, no mention of STH in those stands getting their seats & at the bottom on sale now.

Then yesterday:-

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/041212-ticket-update-525355.aspx

So if you brought your ticket between Saturday & last night you chose where to sit & a STH going along today finds out his reserved seat is sold?They are a shambles

No longer will I buy programmes, use the concessions, club shop, raffle tickets. If the club think better of some STH than others then they wont be getting more of my money other than what I have to part with.

No problem, they'll just sell it again !

Checked the website several times this week, all along it says that Season Ticket holders have until Saturday to purchase their seats , nothing about the SU being shut.
Phoned today, Bloody Millwall message again , then I was tiold I was 1st in the Queue...10 minutes later and I am still first in the queue.

i asked for my seats please and was asked for the details..then I was told the SU was not open, She checked after I said that there was noting about it on the website. but it will be open if there is a demand, but they can't guarantee and I will have to buy a ticket for a seat I don't want and hope.

Isnt it pretty obvious by now that the South and North wont be open to home fans unless its a league game / big & important cup game which the club expect 5/6K+!

Isnt it pretty obvious by now that the South and North wont be open to home fans unless its a league game / big & important cup game which the club expect 5/6K+!

Thats absolutely fine by me ,so long as every supporter has equal chance of getting tickets and season ticket holders do not get the right to reserve their usual seats in east and west when south is shut .

Thats absolutely fine by me ,so long as every supporter has equal chance of getting tickets and season ticket holders do not get the right to reserve their usual seats in east and west when south is shut .

Or the North; we all pay the same so should have the same treatment IMO.

Let's just have one rule for all, all STH's get first bagsies at getting a ticket but all seats go in the pot on first come first served basis whenever a stand is shut.

The South upper will be open for the Bury game now due to better demand than forecast ..... Good work everyone , now keep buying those tickets ( only a fiver for goodness sake ! ) + they might give us some of the the north bank too

Or the North; we all pay the same so should have the same treatment IMO.

Let's just have one rule for all, all STH's get first bagsies at getting a ticket but all seats go in the pot on first come first served basis whenever a stand is shut.
Do you mean ALL season ticket seats? That wouldn't be very popular, a lot of people choose particular seats because of mobility reasons, or leg room. To make them potentially lose out on their seat would really put the club in a bad light.

Do you mean ALL season ticket seats? That wouldn't be very popular, a lot of people choose particular seats because of mobility reasons, or leg room. To make them potentially lose out on their seat would really put the club in a bad light.

Actually, I did.

However you make a fair point about mobility issues, etc., which I must admit I hadn't given thought to, but might that not also apply to those in the South?
Not so much of an issue to those of us in the North who have unreserved seating anyway and bought ST's on that basis.

My personal view is that as a North ST I don't overly mind moving back into W block for the cup games but I do have an issue over the possibility that I could possibly maybe get moved out of the North, with little notice, for a League game on New Year's Day and possibly end up stuck in a restricted view seat in the corner of the Lower South if that's all that's available if Gills decide at a late stage that they want more tickets. I would just like a little notice and consideration, it would be a bit different if I was getting a better deal for being in 'the cheap seats' if you like but I'm not; my money is the same as everybody else's and I expect to get roughly the same treatment for it.

As it stands, at present I've had no communication from the Club that this is even a possibility. It would be nice if they'd contacted me and offered me the chance to move now while there's still a good choice of seats or take the risk and wait and see what happens. Not too much to ask I would have thought, after all they've got my address, phone number and e-mail and they have no trouble contacting me to offer me hospitality deals or tickets for 'pint and pie' nights; and, they have had my ticket money for the fixture since May......

Actually, I did.

However you make a fair point about mobility issues, etc., which I must admit I hadn't given thought to, but might that not also apply to those in the South?
Not so much of an issue to those of us in the North who have unreserved seating anyway and bought ST's on that basis.

My personal view is that as a North ST I don't overly mind moving back into W block for the cup games but I do have an issue over the possibility that I could possibly maybe get moved out of the North, with little notice, for a League game on New Year's Day and possibly end up stuck in a restricted view seat in the corner of the Lower South if that's all that's available if Gills decide at a late stage that they want more tickets. I would just like a little notice and consideration, it would be a bit different if I was getting a better deal for being in 'the cheap seats' if you like but I'm not; my money is the same as everybody else's and I expect to get roughly the same treatment for it.

As it stands, at present I've had no communication from the Club that this is even a possibility. It would be nice if they'd contacted me and offered me the chance to move now while there's still a good choice of seats or take the risk and wait and see what happens. Not too much to ask I would have thought, after all they've got my address, phone number and e-mail and they have no trouble contacting me to offer me hospitality deals or tickets for 'pint and pie' nights; and, they have had my ticket money for the fixture since May......

Take a look on the North Bank Gillingham thread

Actually, I did.

I'd guess those with mobility issues wouldn't really be negotiating the stairs to South Upper but I do KNOW that there are several people who sit towards the back rows of T, V and U blocks in the West because of mobility - and I don't mean those in wheel chairs.

I take your point though and personally, I think X block should be reserved for when TBV can't be accommodated in the North, although I don't know how that would go down with you guys?

I'd guess those with mobility issues wouldn't really be negotiating the stairs to South Upper but I do KNOW that there are several people who sit towards the back rows of T, V and U blocks in the West because of mobility - and I don't mean those in wheel chairs.

I take your point though and personally, I think X block should be reserved for when TBV can't be accommodated in the North, although I don't know how that would go down with you guys?

Surely you mean block W??

Hasnt the W block always been reserved for TBV and never been sold in advance

Take a look on the North Bank Gillingham thread

Cheers, Scott, that's exactly what I felt they should do. Thanks to you and, presumably, Dave Jobson and Steve Kavanagh for getting an answer to the problem. Obviously would like to be in the North for all games but as they say the way the stadium is set up and with the League regs then W is the answer, as far as I'm concerned. I'll give the Ticket Office a call tomorrow or Friday.

Back