• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend 0 yeovil 1

steve flack is god

maybe promotion is not to be.

it never seems to happen for us!

We are still in the promotion places this is still in our own hands, in theory we don't have to count on other people losing we have control lets get out of this blip at Grimsby and hit 5 past em.

UP THE BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as if that's gonna happen.

be realistic!!!!!!!!!

gower and maher enough said, if most people can see it

and tilly cant then perhaps he is not a good manager as we think he is

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 30 2005,17:07)]gower and maher enough said, if most people can see it

and tilly cant then perhaps he is not a good manager as we think he is
For Christ sake, he's saved us from dropping into the conference, and has taken us to top of the table in less than 12 months. Have faith..

mad.gif
mad.gif

I don't know how you work out most people can SEE IT about Maher considering he got into the PFA team of the year. Tilly isn't the person who chooses that team you no.
Just wish some of the idiots on this board would get off his back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ April 30 2005,16:57)]We are still in the promotion places this is still in our own hands, in theory we don't have to count on other people losing we have control lets get out of this blip at Grimsby and hit 5 past em.

UP THE BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with Yorkshire Bambi although 5 is a bit unrealistic! We see to love winning hard matches away, don't see why we can't at Grimsby.

The way I see it is we are in third we have one better goal difference than Swansea and we are playing a team in the bottem half that we would expect to win against.
A perfomance like at Maccie would be very nice.
Even if we win 1-0 and then win 2-0 we go up due to having scored more.
I cant see Swansea getting a cricket score next week so i still think a win of any standard will put us up.

I don't like Maher (don't know why) and I don't think Gower is fit but I wouldn't blame either of them for today's disappointment. Indeed, I thought Maher had a good game. To my mind only Gray didn't look up for it.
But, having suffered for 30 years, this game had all the hallmarks of a Southend loss, must-win game, bogey team, big crowd, virtually total possession, hardly a shot on target = last minute loss. Plus ca change!!!

Don't think we'll win next week. Definitely won't get through the play offs. Christ! I don't want to play f***ing Orient again next season.
sad.gif

Can't see us winning at Grimsby, so it's the play-offs for us unless Swansea slip up badly.

That result last week against Oxford could well cost us big time. I see Oxford got thumped 5-1 by Rochdale today.

Glen

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ April 30 2005,17:44)]Don't think we'll win next week. Definitely won't get through the play offs. Christ! I don't want to play f***ing Orient again next season.  
sad.gif
I'd like to know why Wayne Gray played like he didnt give a toss (did he even have a shot??)

It's a mystery what he actually does at all and one I intend to solve Mrs Stevens.......

I know most of you on here love Pettefer but why why why when the third official has held up a board saying 3 mins to go is he still looking for the backwards pass for gods sake run with the ball forward or give it to someone who can,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fat Man Dancing @ April 30 2005,18:44)]I know most of you on here love Pettefer but why why why when the third official has held up a board saying 3 mins to go is he still looking for the backwards pass for gods sake run with the ball forward or give it to someone who can,
Maybe he thought Flavs wud be able to kick it further than he could

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glensufc @ April 30 2005,17:45)]Can't see us winning at Grimsby, so it's the play-offs for us unless Swansea slip up badly.

That result last week against Oxford could well cost us big time. I see Oxford got thumped 5-1 by Rochdale today.

Glen

down.gif
I too cannot see us getting a result at Grimsby. When did we last win there? Two times i've been there and we've been thumped, and with Sammy getting sent off in one of those games. In my memory it's one of the most difficult away grounds we have encountered.

I fear our chance of automatic promotion has gone. We dont look half the team we were before the LDV final. You make your own luck in this sport, and think our luck has been used up in previous weeks with relying on certain teams to get us a result against our other promotion candidates. Why do the team and manager also keep harping on about getting a little luck in matches, again, you make your own luck with penetrating the opposing teams net. Now thats something we have not been good enough to do in the last few matches.

Today was one huge let down! To be honest some players really played well today, but some were simply not good enough when the prussure is on.

Pettefer, Wilson, Barrett, Spinner, Flavs, and Guttridge all played well and worked hard. Even Maher battled well.

Gower was his useless self again. Made some good touches but simply doesn't look fit and interested. I for one wont be dissapointed if he leaves us in the summer. Gray didn't look that good today either.

I was tearful at the end of the match, we always seem to let ourselves down when the chips are down and the pressure is on.

Two LDV Finals (Let down), Scarborough away in the FA Cup and a chance to play Chelsea at home (let down), need we say more!

I feel so down and simply dont think we will win at Blundell Park.

If we get in the play offs what are the chances of getting to the final at the Mil stad?? And deary me what if we get there, will it be three times lucky?? Not holding out much hope.

DEPRESSED BIG TIME!!!!!

UP THE BLUES!!!

PS, well done to Barrett for getting player of the year!

sad.gif

I'm gutted about the result, but it's not all over yet. We are capable of winning at Blundell Park, despite our bad form, so let's get behind the team and support them to the last, we can get depressed if we don't do the business next week. It's all still to play for!!!

COME ON SOUTHEND!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ April 30 2005,19:26)]We could lose next week and still go up!  
rock.gif
I think all that sort of luck has been used up in previous weeks!

We needed to do the business against Oxford, The O's and today!

Grimsby away is a horrible last day of the season fixture!

Back