• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just watched the re-run on Sky (at the gym) - what a difference - I will have to take back my previous comment on Loza looking lightweight - what has Brown done to them over the weekend ?

Happy days are here again :unsure:

The save where he had to re-adjust his feet to tip over Leonards deflected shot was top notch too. Surely should be playing at a higher level.

Cant believe the save from Egan isn't on there. An amazing save
Last night I viewed extended highlights which showed the goals plus the chances and saves for both sides. Everyone, quite rightly , is enthusing about the performance, yet with a bit of luck (and a bit more skill) Oxford could (should) have had two or three goals. Most of our scares came from set pieces and at least twice, their players found themselves unmarked, in a goal scoring position. Wouldn't drop Egan or Sokolik but it did make me wonder whether Prosser would have closed them down better. There was also the thought that perhaps we miss Corr, not up front but his height and bulk defending set-pieces?

Absolutely agree with all your points Yogi. Oxford were fortunate to not concede 6 or 7, while we were very fortunate to keep a clean sheet. I remember Constable having two very presentable chances from set pieces that he failed to put away. He is their main man from set pieces and i do believe that Corr would've been man-marking him if he'd been available and playing. Although Barnard had a great game on Monday, i believe Corr and Loza would be a great partnership up front and Corr would offer us defensive stability from set pieces too.

Neither Egans header which to me is worthy of save of the season or Barnards turn and shot just over the bar made it.
great game though and looking forward to Saturday now.

Neither Egans header which to me is worthy of save of the season or Barnards turn and shot just over the bar made it.
great game though and looking forward to Saturday now.

Think you will find they are on Blues Player highlights. Yep, they are definitely both shown, just re-watched it twice:happy:

Last night I viewed extended highlights which showed the goals plus the chances and saves for both sides. Everyone, quite rightly , is enthusing about the performance, yet with a bit of luck (and a bit more skill) Oxford could (should) have had two or three goals. Most of our scares came from set pieces and at least twice, their players found themselves unmarked, in a goal scoring position. Wouldn't drop Egan or Sokolik but it did make me wonder whether Prosser would have closed them down better. There was also the thought that perhaps we miss Corr, not up front but his height and bulk defending set-pieces?

I think Prosser may have made a difference: one of his strengths is organising the defence. Egan generally had a good game but he did let Constable go for that horrendous miss.

Sky had an hour long highlights programme which we've just watched, some really fantastic stuff, and Ryan Clarke (I hadn't realised it was him) really did make some exceptional saves.

Absolutely agree with all your points Yogi. Oxford were fortunate to not concede 6 or 7, while we were very fortunate to keep a clean sheet. I remember Constable having two very presentable chances from set pieces that he failed to put away. He is their main man from set pieces and i do believe that Corr would've been man-marking him if he'd been available and playing. Although Barnard had a great game on Monday, i believe Corr and Loza would be a great partnership up front and Corr would offer us defensive stability from set pieces too.

I sait earlier how bad the Marking wad when someone suggested how strong the cb partnership was. When prosser plays organization is one if his strengths

Can't get the Sky highlights here - blocked but have seen the goals on YouTube. I don't want to go overboard on one goal but the last player I saw with that quality and strength at this level was Eastwood and there is something of a Stanley VC in him

Back