• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend addiction problem

benny the blue

Youth Team
I face my biggest ever Southend United realted dilema!!!!

I have travelled from Manchester to nearly every game this season, but due to my dissertation being in for monday I was not going to go this saturday! However, I don't think I could live with myself if we were to get promotion and I missed it!

Should I pull out some all night sessions or risk finishing my dissertation to the best of my ability on order to see Southend?

Your opinions please ladies and gents!

images

+

images

+

images

+

images

+

images

=

0,,10444~2894802,00.jpg

I face a similar dilema, although obviously not having to travel as far a field as Manchester. Artful Shrimpers colourful illustration offers the greatest help and is one which I have followed previously. It doesn't offer the greatest of acemdemic success but instead, a fine balance of happiness and completion in such difficult circumstances.
smile.gif

What will you savour most in years to come? What stories will you tell your grandchildren? What will give you that buzz of excitement everytime you think about it?

Unless you're a particularly sad individual I'm guessing that going to the game will be the favoured option. And lets face it, how much work are you actually going to do on Saturday if your heart and brain are at the Hall?

88 hours till kickoff. Get going and good luck.

smile.gif

No contest, get your *** down the Hall and witness a real memorable event...

You can take your course again if you have to, the chances of seeing the mighty Blues lifting a divisional title again is much more unlikely!!..

Who needs education anyway!!...

laugh.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Decision made.

I have purchased some magic tablets that make you stay awake, lucozade and chocolate and wine gums!!!!

Time to get my arse in gear!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (benny the blue @ April 18 2006,23:59)]Decision made.

I have purchased some magic tablets that make you stay awake....
Thats the student attitude!...

laugh.gif
oops.gif
laugh.gif

Speaking from personal experience I think you ought to go to the match. I had a simillar issue when we won away at Bury in THAT match. My finals started the next Monday so I decided to stay at home and study.

I got no work done the whole day. Before the match I was too nervous, during the match I listened to the commentary on a dodgy old radio that managed to just about get a signal in London, and after the match I was too excited.

I might as well have gone to the match, and now I kick myselft that I missed out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (benny the blue @ April 18 2006,23:59)]Decision made.

I have purchased some magic tablets that make you stay awake, lucozade and chocolate and wine gums!!!!

Time to get my arse in gear!!!!
God bless the 24hr garage!!!!

Finished at 3am not doing too bad! Just got to avoid the next problem- the student bar to watch the Arsenal game!
laugh.gif

Back