• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend are trying to sign....

Both were highly rated at West Ham Andy, you're right.

I'd be more interested in Cohen to be honest. Looked the brighter prospect of the two as a youngster, so I have heard.

I saw Cohen play for the hamsters against Derby the season before last and he ripped through them in the first half. Game was televised IIRC so maybe someone else saw the same game. Funny actually, I think that game is exactly West Ham's problem. Played awesome but drew. Was pretty hilarious sat in the Derby end.

I'd love to have a wide player like that playing for us. I'm fairly certain he was playing as a left winger that game though. Are we sure he's a left back?

Just found the match report and he replaced Etherington to play left wing....

usHave to make do with Footymad site instead

Apparently, he got the second most votes for man of the match that day and the following was written ont he official site:

"Pardew attempted to revitalise his side with a double substitution in the 66th minute, introducing Brian Deane and Reo-Coker in place of Zamora and Cohen but, with the 17-year-old having provided Hammers' only real crossing threat from out wide up until then, the veteran target-man may have preferred to see his young team-mate remain on the pitch alongside him."

If we get him, great but I'm not going to get excited til he's signed cos the player I saw wasn't likely to be joining. Apparently he also played in the League Cup game at the beginning of the year. If he's 18, I see no reason why West Ham would get rid of him. Loan signing at best.

Loan signing does seem the more sensible option to be honest. Although, with West Ham in the prem, Cohen wont be getting much of a look in and may decide his future lies else where.

Just out of interest where exactly has this Cohen rumour come from then? A reliable source? He'd be a great addition.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ June 07 2005,21:12)]Just out of interest where exactly has this Cohen rumour come from then? A reliable source? He'd be a great addition.
please read all of the posts in the thread to find out. no names mentioned but it isn't too hard to get some idea of who it might be...

Back